Whoopi got Whooped!

by Yerusalyim 103 Replies latest social current

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    You're right, I said it once and I'll say it again, she needed to be fired because she was too damn big to be doing a weightloss commercial

Hi Chevy, IMHO it all depends. Did she actually lose weight using Slim fast? If she did, then her size should not be an issue. To many skinny people on tv these days anyway. LOL

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**I'll say it again, she needed to be fired because she was too damn big to be doing a weightloss commercial

Chevys,

Hubby and I were talking about this Slim-fast thing and he asked what the heck was she doing on a weight-loss commercial anyway? She's not slim in any sense of the word!

I said that she HAD lost weight but that wasn't the POINT! She's a tax-paying citizen and has the RIGHT to express her opinion! He and I went round and round for a few moments and I gave up.

Like Xena said--they hired her because she was popular in the public eye and because a few pinheads decide to raise a ruckus to Slim-fast, it hit the fan.

The other night, Bush had said something about the "celebrities" thinking they are the heart and soul of America---but the people (that he was addressing when he said this) were the heart of America...dissing the celebrities.

*I* thought that was rather tacky.....as if he thought that anyone with celeb status was an airhead and didn't have any right to speak out on politics or their views. I didn't know why he said that (about the heart and soul of America,etc) but now I see it was part of the incident with the Whoopi activity we're talking about.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    They won't release video of the whole affair, because it would reveal just what Kerry and Edwards were supporting that night. IMO, presidental candidates should distance themselves from this garbage--not be involved in the middle of it. C'mon guys, let's raise the bar, not lower it!

You act as if he knew what she was going to say before she said it. It isn't as if Kerry told her what to say.

I wish I would have heard what she said because if it was funny, I damn sure would have laughed. Even had it been a joke about Kerry.

Darlin,

Where KERRY is wrong in all this is not distancing himself from these comments. Instead, he got up and said this anger represented "America" (It doesn't) and that American values were represented by all those entertainers (they weren't)...or, if those are the values Kerry has...do your want him as President?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I do see your point XW and it is difficult to argue against it, but it just doesn't seem right to boycott SlimFast for something they did not directly do.

She may be their spokesperson, but that doesn't mean the SlimFast company stands behind and agrees everything she does.

If they chose to drop her as a spokesperson on their own intiative because of what she did, that's fine... but if they weren't going to do it until people freaked out and threatened them, then that's different. I just don't think that's right, any more than rallying folks to boycot Heinz because people think Kerry's an idiot.

I guess we can agree to disagree on this. I still think you're cool.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    LOL Bug !! Fortunately for you - you got the great personality to go along with it !! And a very good sense of direction I might add !!

Ouch !!! That hurt. Private joke between XW and I folks. Bug

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    Instead, he got up and said this anger represented "America"

Who's anger, Whoopies or those who reacted to what she said?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Instead, he got up and said this anger represented "America" (It doesn't) and that American values were represented by all those entertainers (they weren't)...or, if those are the values Kerry has...do your want him as President?

Interesting Yeru, but couldn't that be said on both sides? What Bush says doesn't represent ALL of America either. I certainly know that what Kerry says does not represent all of America. I am sure he wasn't implying that...it would be ridiculous for him to do so. Hmm...wait, politicans tend to do ridiculous things. Scratch that.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

When Bush addressed a fundraiser with "This is an impressive crowd...the haves, and the have mores. Some people would call you the elite...I call you my base.", it made it very clear that he does not represent me at all. He's for the rich, and the rest of us can go to h*ll.

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

When I was a young lad I had a Whoopi cushion.

When I sat on it , it made a noise >>> BBBBBUSH

hehehe

• Robdar
    Robdar
    The second time around I got lucky and married a great woman. I didn't marry because of her personality, which was good, but because she had a cute butt. Sorry, among my other faults I am a male. Bug

Shutterbug, I don't see how you can be faulted for being a male or for liking your future wife's cute butt. That was a sweet story. Thank you for sharing it. Congrats again on your upcoming anniversary.

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit