Whoopi got Whooped!

by Yerusalyim 103 Replies latest social current

• Matty
    Matty
    Whoopi was whooped because the conservative right is calling for a boycott of Slimfast not because of her foul mouth.

Is there anything that the Republicans can eat or drink that hasn't been tainted by "mad lefties" now? First it's Heinz Ketchup and now it's Slimfast - Perhaps they shouldn't have Pepto-Bismol on account of it being pink, it being a color associated with homosexuality!

• Robdar
    Robdar
    what is being hidden and why by Kerry and Edwards?

Hi Cassi,

I don't care for the Kerry/Edwards ticket but I must point out that if they had released the video, they would be called all manner of names by the right and all manner of suspicion would be raised. If they don't they are viewed with suspicion also. It's election year and the right will take umbrage at any action the so called left takes. This group can't win with the right, no matter what they do.

If the shoe were on the other foot, the conservatives would be laughing their arses off and releasing the video for all to enjoy.

• dubla
    dubla

at the end of the event, kerry closed by commenting on how all of the entertainers remarks "conveyed the heart and soul of our country." whoopi can say what she wants, but does her vulgarity indeed convey the heart and soul of our country?

aa

• Robdar
    Robdar

Perhaps they shouldn't have Pepto-Bismol on account of it being pink, it being a color associated with homosexuality!

Hahahaha, good one, Matty! Let's not forget that pink is also every commie's favorite color.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

the conservative right is calling for a boycott of Slimfast

Not sure this is correct. From what I read, the next day Slim Fast was catching it about Whoopi's statements. However, if someone is calling for a boycott that is their right, the same as it is Whoopi's right to use gutter language at a fund raiser. As far as the Vice Presidents remark is concerned, I don't agree with that either, but it was a private conversation not meant for public consumtion.

Remember the Dixie Chicks ? They also learned the hard way. The kept insisting they had the right to their own opinion, which they certainly do. But the rest of us also have the same right and we also have the right to spend our entertainment dollar in a manner we see fit.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Not for censoring but there has to be accountablity.....

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Doc, I can't believe someone as intelligent as you could miss the whole point, she wasn't guilty of bad mouthing the President, she was guilty of having a filthy mouth. As far as I know Bush hasn't resorted to those tactics.

My bad... in my frist post to this thread I thought people were complaining because she bad-mouthed the president.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Not for censoring but there has to be accountablity

Sheila not sure what you meant by your post, but censorship can only come from the Government. If Simon says we can't say certain things on this board then that is his right as he owns this board. However he can't stop anyone from posting on other boards. If government says we can't express a certain opinion at all, that is censorship. Bug

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    at the end of the event, kerry closed by commenting on how all of the entertainers remarks "conveyed the heart and soul of our country." whoopi can say what she wants, but does her vulgarity indeed convey the heart and soul of our country?

dubla !!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    My bad... in my frist post to this thread I thought people were complaining because she bad-mouthed the president

Doc, that makes you a stand up kinda guy, rather I agree with you or not. To make a mistake and admit it to the whole world makes you the hero of this thread, in my opinion. Bug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit