Whoopi got Whooped!

by Yerusalyim 103 Replies latest social current

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Hi XW, :)

I think we're on the same page here... I agree that it was entirely in SlimFast's right to can her as their spokesperson.

The part where we don't agree and the problem I have is that SlimFast's hand was forced by a few pissed off people who rallied others and threatened a boycott.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Politics aside, was it really right that she was Slim Fast's spokesperson anyway? I mean really? Was she really THAT slim THAT fast? They should have dumped her a long time ago, not because of her views about Bush, but because she had too much junk in her trunk to be doing weightloss commercials

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Robdar, the only way I support the boycott is by not buying their records. Following your line of reasoning I would be compelled to but their recordings to show I'm not boycotting. My statements were simple and straight forward, sorry you don't understand them and feel compelled to resort to personal attacks.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    My bad, I thought Doc had seen the light, apparently he had not.

Sorry to disappoint you, bug. lol. I still have a problem with people rallying others to do a boycott. IMO they were trying to hurt Whoopi for simply speaking her mind. Yes, that is their right... I just don't agree with the method.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Politics aside, was it really right that she was Slim Fast's spokesperson anyway? I mean really? Was she really THAT slim THAT fast? They should have dumped her a long time ago, not because of her views about Bush, but because she had too much junk in her trunk to be doing weightloss commercials

Very sensible post Chevy. Whoopi is probably one of the most talented individuals in show business and under normal circumstances she would be a great spokesperson, but big stars tend to go think they can get away with anything.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    The part where we don't agree and the problem I have is that SlimFast's hand was forced by a few pissed off people who rallied others and threatened a boycott.

But you see- those "pissed off people" are part of Slimfast's targeted consumer group so the very fact that they are "pissed off" makes her a liability. She became victim of the very thing that made her a desired commodity to begin with? Can't have it both ways.

• dubla
    dubla

rob-

I don't care for the Kerry/Edwards ticket but I must point out that if they had released the video, they would be called all manner of names by the right and all manner of suspicion would be raised.

did you catch my above post about kerrys closing remarks? john kerry is running for president of the united states. the citizens of the united states have to vote on whether or not to put this man in the highest position, as the top representitive and spokesman for our country. now, if he is going to declare something as conveying "the heart and soul of our country", shouldnt voters be interested/concerned about what it is he is referring to? i think releasing the video and letting each individual decide if whoopi was indeed conveying what he said she was conveying would be completely reasonable. i imagine if it was made public there would be plenty of democratic voters that would disagree with kerrys assesment, not just the "extreme fascist neocon right".

aa

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Well I for one will join in the boycott by never buying Slim Fast again, and instead stock piling Entenmann's bakery goods

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    But you see- those "pissed off people" are part of Slimfast's targeted consumer group so the very fact that they are "pissed off" makes her a liability.

I see what your point is, but I still don't agree... SlimFast had nothing to do with Whoopi's comments. The only reason they threatened to boycott SlimFast was because it was a way to hurt Whoopi. It was a way to punish her, plain and simple.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LMFAO Chevys!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit