Whoopi got Whooped!

by Yerusalyim 103 Replies latest social current

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Just a quick question:

Are those of you that are going to boycott Slim Fast, and/or are venting here on the firing of Whoopi by Slim Fast over her tastless attempts at humor also going to petition ESPN and Disney for the reinstatement of Rush Limbaugh back on ESPN's pre-game Sunday show?

Don't laugh. You must be consistent.

Personally, I thought that Limbaugh was out of line in his comments, but he had the right to say them. I did not find then racist, nor offensive. I do not find Whoopi's comments out of line, but I thought they were base and tasteless. I don't think she needed to be fired over them.

LABD, of the let's look at the carnage of political correctness, class

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    I don't think she needed to be fired over them.

You're right, I said it once and I'll say it again, she needed to be fired because she was too damn big to be doing a weightloss commercial

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    I didn't marry because of her personality, which was good, but because she had a cute butt. Sorry, among my other faults I am a male. Bug

LOL Bug !! Fortunately for you - you got the great personality to go along with it !! And a very good sense of direction I might add !!

• dubla
    dubla

labd-

Personally, I thought that Limbaugh was out of line in his comments, but he had the right to say them. I did not find then racist, nor offensive. I do not find Whoopi's comments out of line, but I thought they were base and tasteless. I don't think she needed to be fired over them.

with all due respect, you are not running either entity. if espn concluded they would take a p.r. hit, and possibly lose viewers by keeping rush on the program, they really had no choice but to let him go....its all about the bottom line when you are running a business. the same goes for the whoopi situation. you might not agree with the decisions, but they were the right business decisions.

aa

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

dubla,

My issue with ESPN, was that they actually HAD a ratings INCREASE during Limbaugh's tenure (over the previous season), and a noted DROP after. Hmmmmmm. Seems like a smart business decision to me.

As far as Whoopi.......whoopie-freekin'-do. Don't care one way or another. I don't care for her comedy, and I think she's a lousy actress. And I never purchased Slim Fast, ever. I lost my weight via Atkins.

LABD

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

Anyone in charge of booking her and who had common sense should have known that you get what you get when you get Whoopi. She is what she is and so she was what she was when she spoke those "naughty" things. Like many have said before me, it makes me no nevermind what she does. However, the powers-that-be surely must have known that she was a powder keg just waiting for a spark. Serves 'em right.

• dubla
    dubla

labd-

My issue with ESPN, was that they actually HAD a ratings INCREASE during Limbaugh's tenure (over the previous season), and a noted DROP after. Hmmmmmm. Seems like a smart business decision to me.

well, what i said was that if they concluded they would lose viewers by keeping rush on, it was a no-brainer of a decision. i never said their conclusions were correct. it was a risk they werent willing to take though.........ultimately it is a decision that has to be made whenever someone representing a company makes controversial remarks on a public stage. i would guess that the majority of the time businesses will cut ties before taking the risk of loss, and generally i would have to agree with that policy.

aa

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    They won't release video of the whole affair, because it would reveal just what Kerry and Edwards were supporting that night. IMO, presidental candidates should distance themselves from this garbage--not be involved in the middle of it. C'mon guys, let's raise the bar, not lower it!

You act as if he knew what she was going to say before she said it. It isn't as if Kerry told her what to say.

I wish I would have heard what she said because if it was funny, I damn sure would have laughed. Even had it been a joke about Kerry.

Lew posted something at another forum that I post at and it dogged Kerry and Bush for that matter. I laughed all the way through it.

Shari, who loves humor no matter who it's dirrected at.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    I'm going libertarian this year.

Is there a libertarian running this year?

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

dubla,

I can't say i know exactly what Whoopi said. I didn't hear it exactly, in fact no has heard it because for some reason there is no tape that has surfaced (if there is one now, I haven't heard it either).

I think we are kind of agreeing with each other though. I agree that Slim Fast and Disney have the right to hire or fire someone based on what they say. I'm glad that it isn't just conservatives that only get nailed anymore.

It's just funny, that if it happens to a liberal, then it's a censorship issue. The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Ya-da, ya-da, ya-da.

I also wonder, since liberals like Whoopi like to make soooooo much fun of Bush being stupid, then why do they say stuff like this? It plays right into the hands of the conservatives that say these Hollywood types are out of step with America.

Who is the stupid one? The one firing the trigger, or the one walking in front of that gun knowing the trigger is going to be pulled?

LABD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit