Whoopi got Whooped!

by Yerusalyim 103 Replies latest social current

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I still think it's ridiculous that some republicans threatened to boycott SlimFast just because of what she said. Threaten those with different opinions, I guess...

Of course SlimFast dropping Whoopi is expected under the circumstances.. and those making the threats to SlimFast knew the company would most likely respond how they did. They are trying to punish Whoopi for speaking her mind...and they succeeded.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Not sure this is correct. From what I read, the next day Slim Fast was catching it about Whoopi's statements.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1168973/posts

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1168838/posts

Do an engine search, why don't ya?

However, if someone is calling for a boycott that is their right, the same as it is Whoopi's right to use gutter language at a fund raiser.

No, it isn't their right to do so. If the public wants to boycott Slimfast, they will do so on their own accord without the right having to call for the boycott. For the right to do this, they are attempting to stifle free speech. This is going against the American Bill of Rights.

As far as the Vice Presidents remark is concerned, I don't agree with that either, but it was a private conversation not meant for public consumtion.

Oh, there goes the right excusing anything that their side does as okeydokey. Hypocrites!

Remember the Dixie Chicks ? They also learned the hard way. The kept insisting they had the right to their own opinion, which they certainly do. But the rest of us also have the same right and we also have the right to spend our entertainment dollar in a manner we see fit.

They did/do have the right to their own opinoin--no matter how much you and your ilk do not like it.

Edited for Shutterbug: If you don't like it, get the hell out of this country. Perhaps to China. You would fit right in.

BTW, the Dixie Chicks are doing well financially. When they came to Kansas City, the stadium was packed. The stadiums continued to be packed during their tour. Know why? Because most Americans believe in the right of the Dixie Chicks and others to state their opinions. We applaude them for expressing their rights.

How the right, or rather the neo-cons, can say that they support the American way is beyond me.

Robyn

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

F*ck Whoopi!

Im Dick Cheney and I support this message

• Robdar
    Robdar

F*ck Whoopi!

Im Dick Cheney and I support this message

*roflmao*

Gawd, that was funny!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    No, it isn't their right to do so

If it isn't a right to advocate a boycott then someone should file charges.

Oh, there goes the right excusing anything that their side does as okeydokey

Excuse me, I didn't excuse the Vice Presidents remarks, just pointed out they were made under different circumstances.

They did/do have the right to their own opinoin--no matter how much you and your ilk do not like it. Don't like it? Get the hell out of this country. Perhaps to China. You would fit right in.
    Again, I said the Chicks have the right to their own opinion. Where you seem to disagree with me is when I express my opinion. Are you saying I should be exiled to China because I express my opinion ??? Why the personal attack ? Are you saying I shouldn't have the right to express my opinion ??? Sorry, rights cut both ways.
  • xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    I still think it's ridiculous that some republicans threatened to boycott SlimFast just because of what she said. Threaten those with different opinions, I guess...

Of course SlimFast dropping Whoopi is expected under the circumstances.. and those making the threats to SlimFast knew the company would most likely respond how they did. They are trying to punish Whoopi for speaking her mind...and they succeeded.

Hey there doc!! Companies will choose a "celebrity" to promote their product as they see it as an asset. When that celebrity does or says something that might jeopardize the company's ability to make money on a certain portion of their targeted customer base they become a liability whether the "celebrity" has a right to say/do what they did or not. As I read it Whoopi said that the "right" was messing with her pocketbook. Anything that has happened to her pocketbook is of her own doing. Knowing the basics of marketing, she should have known that Slimfast was merely capitalizing on her celebrity status and that if there was a shift in that status for any reason she would no longer be seen in the same light by her employer. If she doesn't want to protect that status then she'll have to suffer the natural consequences of that and not blame anyone else for it. XW

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Again, I said the Chicks have the right to their own opinion. Where you seem to disagree with me is when I express my opinion. Are you saying I should be exiled to China because I express my opinion ??? Why the personal attack ? Are you saying I shouldn't have the right to express my opinion ??? Sorry, rights cut both ways.

You may have said that they have a right to express their opinion but by your first sentence implied that you didn't really mean it when you said that they learned a lesson for speaking their minds. You also implied that you supported the boycott by saying: " But the rest of us also have the same right and we also have the right to spend our entertainment dollar in a manner we see fit."

Sure, you're entitled to your opinion. Next time, please make it plain as to what your opinion is instead of engaging in what can be construed as "double speak".

• wednesday
    wednesday

Bug,

this is the way of the far left, they may say what they want, freedom of speech and all, but if anyone diagrees with them, well, u are obiviously a f****** moran and should be shipped to a third world country. with freedom of speech come consequences . They can call the rest of us morons all they want, i will exericse my freedom to buy what i want, and watch what i want.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Very good XW. My bad, I thought Doc had seen the light, apparently he had not. Oh well, among other rights we have the right to disagree, without being exiled to China. Bug

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Very good XW. My bad, I thought Doc had seen the light, apparently he had not. Oh well, among other rights we have the right to disagree, without being exiled to China. Bug

((Bug)) Yes, we do have that right. Some people can't seem to communicate without senseless and nasty attacks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit