What does your name mean?

by pennycandy 89 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

i go by Wednesday b/c when i first started posting on these boards i felt sad. Wednesday comes from "wednesday's child", an old children's poem. i really did feel 'full of woe". but i am feeling much happier . maybe i should choose a new day? Generally people think of wednesday adams from the adams family, but that had nothing to do with my choice.

• Xander
    Xander
    Ciara:I stopped fighting about the same time I got married. My hubby wasn't crazy about me going out and participating in hand -to-hand combat.

Really? See, I couldn't do that. Love my wife and all, but could not (nor will) give up hobbies for her. If she did not love me - ALL of me, with all my eccentric ways (not that many, actually), then I would not have married her. I mean, hobbies are part of *what you are*. How can someone love you but not your interests? Doesn't make sense to me.

ANYWAY, my name is...well, my name. My full name means "defender of man".

• talesin
    talesin

I often wondered if that was the reason for your screen name, Wednesday.

Maybe you could be Tuesday, 'full of grace'.

Valishusher

• wednesday
    wednesday

Monday's child is fair of face

tuesday's child is full of grace

wednesday's child is full of woe

thursday's child has far to go

fridays' child is loving and giving

saturday's child works hard for a living

sundays child is fair and wise and good and gay

actually, thursday or saturday probably fit me,

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Self explanatory I think..

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Stinky, when I thought you were white, your name just conjured up the image of a toddler in a filthy diaper and a snot nosed, white college girl type poster. But when I figured out that you weren't a snot nosed, smarta$$ white girl then I for some reason I just really like your name.

Flyin'

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Stinky, when I thought you were white, your name just conjured up the image of a toddler in a filthy diaper and a snot nosed, white college girl type poster. But when I figured out that you weren't a snot nosed, smarta$$ white girl then for some reason I just really like your name.

Flyin'

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Yerusalyim...a poor transliteration of the Hebrew pronunciation of Jerusalem, the City of Peace.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    when I figured out that you weren't a snot nosed, smarta$$ white girl then I for some reason I just really like your name.

Flyin'-

You were close though: I'm a snot-nosed, smartass, college girl type, who happens to be black .

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

L_A_Big_Dawg:

LA for Los Angeles

Big Dawg because I used to weigh 375, and loved (actually) still love the Big Dog line of clothing. http://www.bigdogs.com/

I was thinking of changing to something more USC related, but Trojan Man was already taken.

LABD, of the "Fight On!" USC will be undisputed National Champs in 2004 class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit