What does your name mean?

by pennycandy 89 Replies latest jw friends

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

I gave my intro and then disappeared for a month. Just not enough time these days.

Anyway . . .

Some of your names are self-explanatory, but some definitely have to be explained to be understood.

I'll start. My mother, 2nd gen jw, had always wanted to have a daughter named Penelope Candace, and call her Penny Candy. Thank goodness my siblings and I ended up with pretty normal names anyway. As I am obviously not the saintly organizationally-minded daughter she hoped I would be, my username is sort of a tribute to the daughter she didn't have.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Welcome back!

Mine is my first name.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Don't know the source of the following.

CLAUDE--Latin: Claudius. "The lame one." A handicap may become a stimulus for great achievement. Famous from two Roman emperors in the 1st and 3rd centuries A.D.; Claudian, 5th-century Roman poet; Shakespearean character named Claudio; Claude Debussy, French composer; Claude Pepper, U.S. Senator; Claude Rains, actor.

Foreign variations: Claude (French), Claudio (Italian, Spanish), Claudius (German, Dutch).

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Mine refers to my mental state.

• catchthis
    catchthis

I was watching The Scorpion King at the time. In the part with The Rock shooting an arrow at the bad guy who could supposedly catch arrows, The Rock says, "Catch this," and fires away.

As far as what it means, any ol' dictionary will do.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

My name means that I never, ever sleep. It feels that way, at any rate.

I think "pennycandy" is an adorable name.

• pratt1
    pratt1

My name is the name of the congo I attended in Brooklyn.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

My friend once requested a list of activities to perform while his mother was away. My suggestions resulted in me being crowned King of Mischief and Revelries. For a long time, my handle was kingofmischief. But I was overwhelmed with spam so I moved East and set up a new Empire - and crowned myself czarofmischief. I also married the czarina (technically a princess, but hey, she gets what she wants.)

CZAR

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Mine is pretty self-explanitory Chevy (chevrolets) N (and) Tats (tattoos), you know because I'm not shallow at all. :)

Actually it's my screen name for everything online, that way I dont get confused :) perhaps I should think about changing it to

"easily-confused-by-multiple-screen-names"

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

gitasatsangha is Tibettan for "Mr President, I got to pee". Ok. Its not. i got this name during a time I was tutledged under a vedantist guru. Its sanskrit, and means Song-True-spiritualcommuniy.. sanskrit doesnt translate into english all that well, really. Anyway, it's an annoying screenname, because its hard to type out, and looks wierd , and I would love to change it, but whats done is done. As a side note, its also a funny play of sorts on "Bible Study".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit