What does your name mean?

by pennycandy 89 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

When I first came to this board I was in a real state of confusion over 587/607 - Rev 7 - the mind control of the org - unity in place of truth - false predictions like 1925

Now I'm just concerned with propane and propane accessories.

And beer.

And doing the right thing.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Mine is the name of my alter-ego and no I am not gemini! Once at work (federal government, of course) we were all required to go to a 2 day safety training as a knee-jerk reaction to some paper cut or something. No one wanted to go, me least of all, especially when we got there and found out that it was all about. It was called performance based safety training and the premise was we should all be responsible for each other. If you see your workmate doing something unsafe, you should go, tap him/her lightly on the shoulder and say "I care about you and don't want to see you hurt yourself, please work under the safety guidelines." --or something equally inane. So.... (getting to the point).... I signed the attendance roster and walked to the next table where I find that I am REQUIRED to wear the little nametag that you use the marking pen to write your first name on.

Well you know I am a bit of a rabble rouser occasionally. I knew I would already get credit for attending and I didn't know anyone (over 11,000 employees on the jobsite) so I picked up a pen and wrote "Gretchen" and wore that name for the next two days. It was hilarious, but of course I didn't share until we were all shaking hands when it was time to go. And yes I know I do have a twisted sense of humor and I am a bit of an instigator.

So the name sort of caught on and I ended up using it online for everything.

Sherry

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

something about bacardi.............

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    When I first came to this board I was in a real state of confusion over 587/607 - Rev 7 - the mind control of the org - unity in place of truth - false predictions like 1925

Now I'm just concerned with propane and propane accessories.

And beer.

And doing the right thing.

See you in heaven, bro!

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

I´m lazyslob. I´m also chauvinist, fat, ironic, nonsensitive, but if I put all of it together the name would be too long.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Mine is pretty self-explanitory Chevy (chevrolets) N (and) Tats (tattoos),

lol... I've been trying to figure out how to pronounce your name for the longest time... now I know!

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

My name comes from my "midlife crisis"...a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer EXT LS. Summit white with grey pewter interior...

TB

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

<------ wants TB to be her new best friend

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

Chevys, I bleed Chevy blue. We have a 2004 Trailblazer and a 2001 Blazer...come on over...we can be best friends...forever!

TB

• SwampThing
    SwampThing

I may be too new here to contribute, but I'll try and fit in....

I usually use the Nickname "Confederate Swamp Rat" when chatting on the Internet. The name comes from my being born and raised in the swamp-lands and backwater bogs of central and southern Florida, and from my proud Southern heritage. However, this site would not let me register that name. So, I shortened it to "Swamp Rat." It took the registration, and even issued me a password, but would not let me sign in. After 4 or 5 days of trying every way I could think of to say hello to you guys, I figured I would try a new name. I registered "Swamp Thing" and here I am.

I really wanted to be the Swamp Rat. Is there anyway I can be the Swamp Rat? Please?

Swamp Rat Thing

In case you may be wondering, this is what a Swamp Rat would look like if I were one...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit