What does your name mean?

by pennycandy 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

<~~~ Mine is what I did to my my shirts/dresses/blouses as to not tempt the brothers with my boobies. I was a former model who had to become "modest" of all of a sudden. I imagine now that it really did not make any difference since a pin cannot deflect "mentally undressing someone" LOL

PB

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Pinned blouse, your post reminds me of going to district conventions where my eyes would practically be popping out of my head at all of the cleavage on display, or the ultratight dresses that leave little to the imagination as to the shapes of the boobies underneath.

Yup, I'm like that. It's a sad shame.

• Flash
    Flash

I've chosen as my alias (the) Flash 'fastest man alive' because of how he is portrayed in the cartoon 'The Justice League.' He is spontaneous, carefree and outspoken, completely genuine. Things we are discouraged being as Witnesses, always unnecessarily restrained in our thinking, our speech and our behavior. Constantly gauging ourselves against the 'organizationally correct' views.

• bem
    bem

I've mentioned in chat mine is the first initials of my three children.

Chose it specially for this site when I first came here I needed help,healing and a listening careing ear and I have found all those to an extent.. My reason for continuing to study wbts. was my children when it all crumbled it was because of a life no one can keep up and stay a pleasant ,happy, careing person.( that along with marrital deteriation) forced me to seek company.And my daughter was thinking of re-activation...She's on the JWD forum.... but she can remain annonymous long as she wants. My oldest son was df'd and has hurt the worst so I'm not posting his full name it's real un-common and it's his privacy,I'm respecting.The youngest, well he hollers the loudest and longest bout the borg. so it's not like there are no other Mikes out there huh? Gosh I can be wordy, sorry!

So maybe I somehow knew this site would be the one to help my kids and I again in a better sorta way...and alas it has done so.

B.R.my son......Eliza....my daughter..... and last but not least oneriest of all....Mike. = bem or bemsmom kids! mom.

And heres one for my new found friends.. You folks are the greatest! right up there with my young-uns

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Wow! Funny how a little piece of information can reveal a lot about someone's personality.

Now I'm just concerned with propane and propane accessories. -- Confusedjw, that got me laughing. I always thought Arlen was just like the little Texas town I grew up in.

• Ciara
    Ciara

I used to be into celtic battle play. Ciara is my battle name. It means the dark one (feminine). Nothing like going out and bashing other people with padded swords to blow off some tension. I stopped fighting about the same time I got married. My hubby wasn't crazy about me going out and participating in hand -to-hand combat.

Ciara

• starfish422
    starfish422

422 is for my son's birthday, April 22. Starfish is because I love the ocean and, well, I'm a star.

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

Dan,

Pinned blouse, your post reminds me of going to district conventions where my eyes would practically be popping out of my head at all of the cleavage on display, or the ultratight dresses that leave little to the imagination as to the shapes of the boobies underneath.

I think that you should have been more worried about the new releases than the ladies cleavage lol

PB

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I was raised in St. Croix (actually, it was only five years but it was wonderful and formed much of who I am today), and people from St. Croix are Cruzans (sometimes spelled Crucian). A part of my heart will always be in St. Croix, hence the name "cruzanheart."

I'm really in Texas, by the way, in Murphy, which is near Dallas (which is where I work).

Nina

• Huxley
    Huxley

My name is taken from the amazing Skippy Huxley. America's number 1 pop sensation, and winner of last season's 'American Idol'.

Perhaps like me, you were moved to tears when you heard Skippy's tender ballad of lost love, and bittersweet longing as expressed in his version of 'careless whisper' by Wham.

And I think we all know where we were at 'that moment' when Skippy did his now infamous encore. He performed a beautiful acapella rendition of 'The lonely bull' (El solo toro). Millions of viewers were awed, and felt that young Skippy was actually chanelling the spirit of Herp Alpert and the entire Tijuana brass.

Wiseacredom aside, I was reading some Aldous Huxley when I first posted on JWD.

Huxley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit