What does your name mean?

by pennycandy 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

my legal first name

and it means "being alone" in two languages

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Mine is pretty simple. I'm a guy; and I'm from the country. Plus it's been my AOL screen name for years. When I signed up here, I brought it with me.

Of course when I signed up, I didn't realize that it was so close or that I would have the same initials as my pal Country Girl. That's why I sign everthing "Country." We Google War-ed over using "CG" and she won!

Country

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Mine is the nick name that my brother in law gave me when we first met. It's just a play on my real name. Leah.

Want to change it to Freedom, oh well.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I am one of the few non-JWs in a JW family that now spans five generations, beginning with all of my grandparents. I'm surrounded by the cult.

• Flash
    Flash

SwampThing

I may be too new here to contribute...

Is there anyway I can be the Swamp Rat? Please?

NO! and Yes! Go to Hotmail and get another address for registration purposes and re-register.

• Flash
    Flash
    I was a former model who had to become "modest" of all of a sudden. I imagine now that it really did not make any difference since a pin cannot deflect "mentally undressing someone"

One of my last debates with the Elders was about modesty. They didn't like what I had to say about it. Your right because modesty is relative and works both ways. Whatever the currant view of modesty is at any given time it is an emotionaly based standard not an intellectual one. People feel good or bad about something so therefore it must be good or bad...NOT!!!

• RR
    RR

I've been to several websites, and they all give me a different origin and meaning.

RR

• Mulan
    Mulan

I'm stuck with mine. I used it several years ago on another ex JW board (H20) because you had to use an email to register and I didn't want to use my real one, so I registered my hotmail account which was mulan@ etc., and I had gotten that one to use with my Asian customers, not to deceive them into thinking I was Asian, but ...............maybe I was.

Anyway, I'm stuck.

Real name is Marilyn, which means "innocent as a lamb".................yeah, right.

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

im a cinnamon-colored naughty girl

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    In case you may be wondering, this is what a Swamp Rat would look like if I were one...

How about the R.O.U.Ses? You know, the huge rodents who live in the fireswamp in the movie Princess Bride. Rodents of unusual size.

Flyin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit