US Hostage, Paul Johnson, Beheaded

by DevonMcBride 178 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

double edge,

very good idea. now you just have to convince the US oil industry and bush!

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    very good idea. now you just have to convince the US oil industry and bush!

It's already been done. Hybrid cars are flying off the lots in the US and hydrogen cars are expected to be around in 10 years. This year Ford is coming out with the first Hybrid SUV too.

Devon

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I hereby give Double Edge the Award of Excellent Idea

(Edited)

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    then get the hell out of the middle east and let their economies calapse back into the stone age. Let Allah provide.

True, untill the next batch of extremist decide to "teach us a lesson" for coming over there, making a mess of things, and then leaving it up to them to clean up. I'd be pretty pissed off too.

• Realist
    Realist

devon,

the technology is in slowly getting there. 10 years sounds quite optimistic but perhaps. in any case the hydrogen fuel cell cars will not be a competition to the normal cars unless gas become a lot more expensive.

• amac
    amac

Dolphman -

When was the last time a Mullah said "Stop the beheadings, it makes us look bad". Not to mention Paul Johnson, like Nick Berg, wasn't trying to hurt anyone. Absolutely innocent.

Actually there were Muslim Clerics pleading for this extremist group to not do this.

People often make this a Christian vs Muslim argument which I think is wrong. That's like saying the Christian white supremicists of the KKK are reflective of Christianity.

Crazy151 -

Here is the general attitude in Saudi Arabia.....

"How can we inform on our brothers when we see all these pictures coming from Abu Ghraib and Rafah," Muklas Nawaf, a resident of Dhahar al-Budaih, said as he ate meat grilled on a spit at a restaurant called Jihad, Arabic for "holy war."

I don't see how one person's quote can be construed as being the "general attitude."

Double Edge - I'm with you...I just wish they would have done that before sending all our troops over there...

Devon McBride -

It's already been done. Hybrid cars are flying off the lots in the US and hydrogen cars are expected to be around in 10 years. This year Ford is coming out with the first Hybrid SUV too.
    I think we still have a long way too go. Hybrid sales don't come close to even comparing to gas sales. People do not want to give up their Hummers and SUVS. I'm looking forward to the Hybrid Explorer, but as with most Hybrids, it will no doubt be sacrificing a lot of space for battery cells. This requires the consumer to sacrifice some convenience, which I don't think the US population is about to do in any measurable amount. I'm one of the guilty, still owning 2 gas cars. Wish I had the money to plop down for a new Hybrid though.
  • PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Why can't all the foreign workers be "chipped" so that if they are kidnapped the authorities can get a satellite location on them instantly?

I mean, they can chip my car in case of theft and they can chip my dog, wouldn't this be a good solution at least for the interim period to ID all the workers with a hidden chip?

Pope

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Pope, thats not a bad idea.....

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

[deleted]

Just as you cannot condemn all the US military on the actions of a few depraved guards, you cannot condemn a whole religion on a few fringe fanatical followers. .

Will

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I find it very suspicious that the Saudi officials "found" the terrorist almost immediatly after the killing. I think what happened is the Saudis knew where he was all along and ordered the terrorist not to kill him... but when he killed Paul Johnson anyway they went in and killed the terrorist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit