8th Annual South Lake Tahoe Apostafest! Make your plans soon! July 10th-12th

by flipper 270 Replies latest members meetups

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So the final leg of OTWO and Zed's excellent Apostate Adventure Drive took place, and we reached home.
    We started just inside Missouri and crossed that state. Some things were very similar to Kansas:

We made it across to St. Louis:

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Illinois was kinda cheaping out on us with just putting the welcome sign up with the directional signs:

But Illinois seemed to make up for it by welcoming us with aircraft. Hard to get good pics. We saw crop dusters and this glider being towed:

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There are two seasons in America when traveling- Winter and Construction. There was a bunch of this:

And while Jesus billboards weren't prevalent in Illinois, God still tried to reach us in construction zones. Notice the sign on the truck:

Making excellent progress, we felt we were totally out of "the west" when we saw signs of our final destinations:

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Although Illinois cheaped out on the sign, it seemed stranger that Indiana tried to hide it's welcome in the bushes:

Indianapolis and the big new NFL football stadium:

And those billboards reappeared:

And I took a random photo of a cornfield from the interstate and see what I captured:

If you can't make it out, I caught a family in their ATV (probably just a golf cart) really enjoying cornfields in Delaware County. Notice the zoom-in:

We were streamlining this last couple of days and didn't have the time and energy for our usual quality tourist photos. Zed got home and I put the top down at my next gas stop so I could enjoy the breeze that kept me awake for the final leg back to Illinois via the north route. No pics, sorry. It was dark anyway.

It was a once-in-a-lifetime drive. That means we did it, we loved it, we wouldn't drive it again because we have been there, saw that.

I had a chance to see the posted pics of people in Tahoe. That was the best part. Various people at various stages of recovery supporting each other and enjoying laughs and stories. If you don't live out west, come next year anyway on an airplane (like I will do next time again) or find your closest local ex-JW meetup. It'll really help to know that others are out there.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Now I gotta find time to wash the jeep.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Thank you for sharing the photos. It's lovely to see everyone having a good time.

• nomorekoolaid
    nomorekoolaid
    Mr Flipper I posted it to a private fb page so that is probably why you can't see it. I think I have to post it to a public page for you to see it. Let me know if that is ok to do.
  • fiddler
    fiddler
    I really hope to make it to this event next year. I have my daughter's wedding going on this summer but hopefully life will have slowed down a bit more by next summer. Oh, and...I'll bring my fiddle!
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Great pictures, everyone! So nice to see faces. If anyone has video, it would be great to hear voices and music, too!

I'm 3000 miles away, but I have been with you in spirit. I've been eagerly keeping an eye on this thread and have really enjoyed OTWO and Zed's Excellent Adventure.

Maybe we should organize something like this on the East Coast.

• flipper
    flipper

NO MORE KOOL AID- Yeah, no problem, go ahead and post the guitar playing of my son and me on the public Facebook- I have no problem with it. As far as everyone knows we were just having a camping trip ! LOL. I'm not concerned about my privacy that much. Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing it.

ON THE WAY OUT- Funny pictures ! Especially the Bible billboards.

HEAVEN- You are very welcome. It was a very fun experience for everybody.

FIDDLER- WE'd love to have you come next year ! Yes, and DO bring your fiddle ! Would love to hear you play and play with you !

GRREAT TEACHER- That would be AWESOME if you East coast folks got a nice Apostafest going in your area somewhere. Why not ? What have you got to lose ? It would really be a big support for many of you East coast ex-JW's. Do it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit