8th Annual South Lake Tahoe Apostafest! Make your plans soon! July 10th-12th

by flipper 270 Replies latest members meetups

• born and bred redhead
    born and bred redhead

@flipper - Thank you, thank you, thank you for all these photos! It's amazing to be able to put screen names to faces and be able to remember all the great people I met.

@fayedunaway - I want to know what ray's shirt says on the bottom half! His shirt says, "Did you turn in your time this month? You DO NOT want a phone call!" :) He had another one that said, "Do you know TTATT?"

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Lol thank you redhead!! I kept waiting for a response to that! Wow what great shirts :).

flipper, I gotta say, you are one of the best most supportive persons I've ever seen in action. I don't personally know you but what a good friend you are to so many people.

• RedPillPopper
    RedPillPopper

Had such a great time meeting those we did and yet there were so many we did not get to mingle with. We will certainly "widen out" next time.

In Flipper's photos above we were in separate photos. Here we are together. First one is on a hike to Emerald Bay in Tahoe during the "Fest". "H" (as I will call her for now) did not have her cute cowboy hat on as in Flipper's photo above. The 2nd photo is from a recent cruise to Mexico. At least this will show that we were together at the "fest" and so grateful to have met the one's we did.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nice to see all these ones get together and experience a relationship with other people who have gone through the unfortunate plight of being involved with the JW religious cult.

Flipper has orchestrated this along with his wife for few years now and they should be applauded for their efforts.

Nice going Mr. and Mrs. Flipper.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Thank you Flipper for the photos. So glad you had a great time. I really appreciate seeing the photos of all these lovely people. We get so used to talking to avatars that it's helpful to see that these are real people with families and lives. Thanks Flipper, you're the best.
  • flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the nice replies folks, we appreciate it.

Nice pictures Red Pill Popper. Thanks for posting them ! My apologies to you my friend for forgetting your Board avatar name when I posted your picture ! I just couldn't remember so I thought it was safe to say " one of Kairos's friends " , LOL. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Dagney
    Dagney

Look at all those happy apostate faces!!! There is so much baggage when leaving a cult. Sometimes you don't know how you are going to do it. But then something triggers the decision. Oh there is a bunch of JW issues to deal with, but when you get together with others who share our unique situation, it's like somebody gave us a hand with our cult family/congregation baggage.

As Kairos said, we sure did shed some tears together. Tears of understanding. Many, maybe half are not on any DB, but heard about the gathering and just came, not knowing anybody there. Some just ended up on the wrong side of a JC, (heard some RIDICULOUS stories), and are out on their own. The videos and youtubes are a great source of comfort for them.

This was my 4th Tahoe fest, and I went to Toronto in 2007, which I think 75-100 attended. If you want really brotherly love and affection, an apostafest is where to find it. xx

• millie210
    millie210

Thank you Dagney, loved seeing your picture and I have to say, your earlier post on this thread made me tear up.

It all sounds like it was so cathartic and healing with lots of laughs and in a beautiful place to boot!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Still heading east. Zed and OTWO started out 100 miles short of Denver and crossed Colorado. We are streamlining a bit now with interstate travel. Once it flattened out, the last part of Colorado was pretty much the same as Kansas would be:

But then we crossed Kansas:

One thing changed. There were signs with this guy on them in Kansas:

And humongous windmill farms. I don't know if you can make them all out from the photo. I am imagining the seed you plant to get a windmill to grow out of the ground must look like a Volkswagen:

If only time and money were not factors, like if we had "forever" like that religion kept promising around the next corner. We could take roads like this one we saw:

But we did not take Jeep Road. This pic from the Tahoe campground shows the sign on my cargo rack. Although it's just made of heavy paper, it lasted all the way to past Kansas City, MO where we stopped for the night. We'll have to ditch the sign now, as our JW relatives at home will not appreciate it. I may have more pics to post from Missouri, Illinois, Indiana next time.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

A big Thank You to OTWO, Flipper, and all the rest of you for posting these photos. I love looking at these.

OTWO: I may have more pics to post from Missouri, Illinois, Indiana next time.

The more the better!

And be safe as you travel, all of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit