JWD ....the opium of the Ex ?

by ScoobySnax 112 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ah, you do sarcasm, too. That's a new one on me

I'm not attacking you Chris, just pointing out something that may be getting missed in the cloud of ire.

Take care, pal

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Englishman,

Where would I have seen you before? I've never met you.(apart from on here) And whats with the "Beefburger" and "deleted" thing???

Me thinks you must be confusing me with someone else

Best.

#Scoob

• Valis
    Valis

LT...I think one of the other points is that this "cloud of ire" isn't something that has passed...I suppose one could fall into the logical syndrome and be unhappy forever. I feel sorry for those people, but I will not be abused by them, nor will I let the board be put off by thier continual slagging of us as a whole. Take for instance moonwillow, who recently as of yesterday posted about the same thing. One wonders why her post doesn't raise the "cloud of ire" as you put it...well maybe because she is connected and talks to other db members as friends and people she values. That is being constructive. I for one will not tollerate new members coming here and having any misconstruance about what has gone on for way too long. Go back and look mate. I am betting 1 in every 5 is almost the same content from Scooby...I can go digging, but it doesn't take but a couple pages to see.... As far as your comment is concerned i find it interesting that some of the most tollerant people on the board have spoken up and said enough with the bullshit already....like I said...your statement has to be applied both directions if it is to ever work as any kind of life's lesson. When it goes too far in one direction then even the reasonable ones should, will, and have spoken up. It sucks to hurt people's feelings and you would think that one tosser out of the thousands that post here would realize that for his own sake.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• talesin
    talesin

Thank you for addressing that, Scott.

I really think it would do you a LOT of good to go to the bbq. You would be surprised, genuinely, at how wonderful it would feel to be around these folks. DO IT! It's obvious to me that English was very disappointed at your waffling.

It's amazing what you may gain if you just give people a chance.

BT

I hear you, bro', and see where you are coming from. You see? LT was not discounting your words. We all love and respect you much more than you know. :D

Valis

Right on. Uhhh, yep! (sorry, I can't do it like SK, but you know the Maine way)

talesin

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Valis:I've been following Scooby's posts ever since he came to this board. My attention was especially drawn to him given that he's a Brit, and his screen name is similar to a non-JW friend of mine, on another unrelated board. Since then I've discovered that he works for the Health Service, as do I.

Unless you have some PM's and emails to go on, that the rest of us aren't privvy to, I would humbly submit that it appears that folks are getting a little oversensitive to him.

I admit, he's as irritating as heck (and I jumped on him in recent months, for similar comments to those he re-airs here), but nonetheless I believe he's getting more than the necessary attention.
    You know as well as I how the written word skews perceptions of who a person is.
    If I were to go by that alone (and a history of posts) I'd have Six painted as a psycho!

(Sorry Six, just an observation )

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Talesin....... No probs! I'd like to know who Englishman thinks he thought I am!

Valis........ OUCH!

turn up at EMans BBQ? It'd be like a scene from Disneys Sleeping beauty, when Maleficent turns up at the Christening......LOL

sCOOB ( The evil Fairy)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Seriously, Scott, you should come. It'd do you the world of good (and likely everyone else, too).

Need a lift?

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, Scott. GO!!! Damnit!! No one is going to attack you, for cat's sake.

Gosh, it's all about support and partying. Heck, you might even learn a thing or two and come away better for the experience. (not that I've been to one, but trust me) heheh

Edit: You will get to meet reboot. Now there's incentive enough!!!

• Valis
    Valis

eh LT and you know that besides trying to do bad impressions of your accent while you were here *LOL* I don't treat anyone different. WYSIWYG....I'm sorry if it seems Scooby gets undue attention, but even as your example cites, your internal dealings/feelinfg with people and your/thier surroundings should reflect the way you want to be dealt with...It is so clearly simple to me. Unless of course you imply unlimited patience for bullshit should occur, which I don't feel is reasonable. You also say he's a Brit, as if in our community that should have some special relevance as to the majority of people here are treated or are reffered to. That I will not accept...As if one was to say please forgive LittleToe for any idiocy...they did defeat the blemanges and win Wimbeldon at least once..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Englishman
    Englishman

First you said:

Hold that lighter fuel........I'm coming too, just to see what sort of monsters you really are here on JWD in the flesh........

.......do I have to wear my lapel badge?

Scoob

Then you said:

turn up at EMans BBQ? It'd be like a scene from Disneys Sleeping beauty, when Maleficent turns up at the Christening......LOL

Consistency not your strong point, "Scooby"? Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit