JWD ....the opium of the Ex ?

by ScoobySnax 112 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
  • minimus
    minimus

Little Toe and Hillary, I appreciate your perspectives. Hillary, I think LT summed up exactly what I was trying to say regarding the internet, JWs and the "mindset". Rather than take everything sooo personal, it is best to try to consider WHY some feel this way. I realized that for many, when I would post, there was a lot of resentment because I was at onetime an elder. Some here always seemed to be trying to rip me up a new one, if you know what I mean. Simply being an exelder gave some people bad connections. Was it my fault? No. But the truth is, I had to think about how some were disturbed by my background. Would they care if I was an ex-elder on a different board. I don't think so. But HERE, it was different. Even when I gave an opinion on a matter, some would say, "Yeah, you say that because you were an elder"......What I found was that we can not ignore our pasts. For over 40 years I was a Witness. Because I am in a setting of mostly exJWs, here, I connect with JW experiences. If I were on a internet group that discussed fishing, and I got into a disagreement over anything, I would not think, "These guys are just like the Circuit Overseers we had". How absurd! But that idea is not so strange in this place, in this setting.....That does NOT mean I want to leave here, I'm unappreciative of what's offered, etc. It simply means that we all should be able to comment on oor feelings and perceptions without being censured. I hope this explains things a little better.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I think everything that can be said has been said. Lots to think about folks. I'm locking this thread because enough is enough.

Kate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit