JWD ....the opium of the Ex ?

by ScoobySnax 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

Simon, I remember because I thought it was funny that you get upset when someone uses those terms to you and then you turned around and did the same thing to me.....not because I cared one way or another.

And no you don't have to address it....my premise is that regardless of the term used the intent in the same....doesn't matter if you use elder or asshole really, does it? Or because of your own issues is elder more of a trigger? I find it an interesting question in semiatics to be honest.

edited to add a note to Simon that I would like to be clear that I find you neither elderish or assholeish...I'm bascially just interested in if people are trigged by the word elder more than they would be by being called something like a controlling ass...which to me is what elder means..

• Englishman
    Englishman

Xena,

I think you're being unreasonably provoking. I think that you have been doing this for some time now.

24 hours in the cooler for you.

Englishman.

• Xena
    Xena

Excuse Me?

• hillary_step
  • Englishman
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

WTF???

• talesin
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Scoob

Looks like it's time for growth

SS

• minimus
    minimus

I cannot for the life of me understand why some of you get so riled being compared to JWs. Let me explain why some of you act just like JWs in different capacities. Some here are a bit on the snobbish side-----just like some more "mature ones" that always seem to think they're on a higher plane. Some feel they are superior to others because they have ultimate control over what can be said or even thought, just like the GB tries to do. When an exJW is given a restriction or reproof on this board, it would be foolish to think that an exJW would not make a mental and emotional connection to their past. When some here try to belittle others that might not have the same exact point of view, they seem very much like the cliques that JWs are so well known for. When elders or others in a congregation feel threatened by persons who might give a different opinion or who challenge them in any way, they are usually ostracized and/or penalized in one way or another. When a member here might dare to challenge those taking the lead in one way or another, similarly----there is usually a penalty put upon that one or that person is made to feel the heat by those that can mete out some sort of punishment or discipline. If some refuse to see such similarities, they are either sticking their heads in the sand or are not that intelligent to begin with.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Minimus,

You accused decisions being made on this Board regarding its moderators as similar to those made by 'elders' in 'kingdom hall's'. This is by no means a new accusation, and certainly not one that will go away.

I showed you in my posts above, and I hope that you got the point, that you were basing your argument on the experience of this discussion Board alone. I asked you to compare the subscription rules on this Board with those on other *non* XJW Boards. The rules on this Board are certainly not unique, they reflect those on other *non* JW Boards.

Answer these questions :

1) Now, if a moderator on JWD makes a decision regarding a poster who infringes on the Board rules and his decision actually mimics those taken by moderators on *non* XJW boards, does that make the moderator an 'elder', a 'mature one' an person trying to make a 'Kingdom Hall' on JWD?

2) If the answer is *no* to the above question, and yet a person continues to spout the same accusations each time the subject is raised, does that show that actually it is *they* who are being influenced by their WTS experiences and not the moderators?

3) Now, if the answer is *yes* or *yes* in certain situations, that is, that it does show that the moderators *are* acting like elders or 'mature ones', how would you differentiate what part of their behavior is being influenced by their JW experiences and what part is not?

4) How would you then rationalize such moderator decisions on JWD as opposed to the moderator decisions on *non* JW Boards?

Best regards - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit