JWD ....the opium of the Ex ?

by ScoobySnax 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin

Opium of the EX???? No way, not me.

I can quit this board anytime I want . . .

• Corvin
    Corvin

. . . but I just don't want to . . . is all.

• Simon
    Simon

I'm speaking a very unique dialect called "Simon's English". In my dialct, that's how it's spelt. The rest of the world may disagree ...

I always mis-spell awful as well ... I'm sure it should be "aweful" (lke my spelling !)

• Englishman
    Englishman

Scooby said:

Everyone here hates any sort of comparison to former JW/WBTS belief structure, yet I can't help but see it too. We have the same Authoratarian structure. It does remain a free discussion forum, providing it fits within the accepted boundaries set by those "taking the lead" here. Punishment is often meted out in the form of posting restrictions, shunning or ridicule to some that might show a division, Conversion away from the JWs, to here is celebrated with an almost religious zeal, Long time members are closely nit into a "congregation" of support. Dissention on JWD is by no means tolerated

Scooby,

Maybe you're not ready yet for JWD? Maybe a half-way house is too advanced for you?

See, what you've just said above demonstrates very clearly the fact that you are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land. Either that or you're simply trolling. Any intelligent person who holds a job has to accept some authority. If they don't accept that fact they don't keep a job.

There are pecking orders in all walks of life. It's not necessarily fair, but then life isn't fair is it?

It's one of the first rules that newbie ex's have to learn about life. The rule is that there are rules in life. If you won't keep them then you'll be avoided by those that do.

Englishman.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The young man certainly has a knack for getting under people's skin, especially mods, it would seem.
    However I'm with Talesin, on this one.
    We all grow at our own rate (albeit some of us at a slow and stunted one).

If half of what he has posted is true, then he'll never successfully integrate with JW life.
    My only wish is that he'll learn to integrate with RL properly, because the evidence on this board is that he has not yet done so.

Wasa:
    I smile (discreetly) at his spelling of "ridiculous", too. But he's right. They really do pronounce it with an "e" where "he" comes from
    ROFLMAO

Soft Southern Sassenach!!!
    LOL

• Englishman
    Englishman

Li'l Toe,

Yup! The lad does tend to get up the noses of the mods. That's because he's always carping about them, so they get tittsed off eventually.

It is quite a reasonable reaction.

Anyway, I remember my grandfather chuckling about a cartoon that he first saw in the trenches at the Dardenelles.

I dedicate it to Scooby.

Englishman.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/support.htm

Starting and Maintaining Support Groups [ helpful discussion]

by Bruce Laughton

cognitive dissonance When Prophecies Fail A Sociological Perspective on Failed Expectation in the Watchtower Society by Randall Watters http://www.freeminds.org/psych/propfail.htm

DANNY CALLS THIS CULT PHENOMENON; "JUSTIFICATION OF SOUR GRAPES".

Maybe it's a form of reverse cognitive dissonance only sorta,"ass-backwards" as my late grandaddy would say.

• wednesday
    wednesday

It is a support group, a DB. I belong to several. We all have something in commom, that is why we join. Is this the first DB u ever joined? As for free and totally no censorship, i think u belong to jwlonline, why not post over there?

I've been away for a month, with personal stuff and all, and was just fine . But i enjoy coming here to read and share with others.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    How long did it take YOU to leave the JWs?

I left in 1989, but I didn't quit on a gut level, i.e. give up the mindset, doctrines, etc. for 10 years. That was the year I refused to go to Memorial even though Nina's father was partaking and giving the talk.

If I may be so bold, I think I've been quite fair with Scooby. I've shared with him both publically and privately my own struggle and that horrible indecision for 10 years. I understand very well how hard it is to make up your mind about Jehovah's Witnesses. They play with your mind through guilt and fear, and really it comes to down to how much you trust yourself and your God. Having said that, while I was struggling with myself for 10 years, I did have Witnesses come and "talk" with me and I stood up to them. I asked them some tough questions they could not answer ('well that's just imperfect men' ... 'you need to wait on Jehovah'). Even while indecisive, I was at least able to respond to those elders' statements to me.

At any rate, my frustration stems from the fact Scooby will not respond. It's one thing if someone has issues with the way this board is run, but if you're going to throw the complaint out there then you should have the wherewithal to respond to those who disagree with you. At some point such constant complaining loses credibility and not only becomes irritating but gives the appearance of being created for the sole purpose of causing irritation. I was serious when I asked him what he wanted, I was serious in wanting to address whatever complaint he had. But I am starting to wonder if Scooby is more interested in complaining rather than resolution.

Chris

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Chris:
    It is not that which occurs without, but how we deal with it within.
    And thus frustration is born, rather than understanding

Sure, he's irritating at times, but some irritants are only made worse by scratching...

Hopefully he'll come to Mike's BBQ, this year so we can pummel him with a big stick discuss things reasonably face-to face.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit