JWD ....the opium of the Ex ?

by ScoobySnax 112 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Minimus,

Since I really do not belong to other internet groups (other than Slippy's), I can not say how others perform. All I know is that I can only connect with my own experiences. The only other place that I have experienced sanctions, reproofs, restrictions, etc. is in the JW community.
    In which case you are singularly incapable of providing a sound basis for your accustations. Join a few other non JW Boards and as you subscribe please note the subscription rules, they may surprise you.
    If I see similar things in this place, it feels like the JWs. That's all. I might be wrong to everyone else or I might have some that agree based upon where they are. I really don't care if others never see the point that I'm trying to get across. It doesn't change anything in the meantime.
    As I say, you can take the boy out of the cult, but taking the cult out of the boy is much harder. Perhaps the mods are ahead of you in this. HS
  • Xena
    Xena

We are JW & ex JW's here....most of our life experience is with dubs, therefore we tend to make those connections. I don't understand why this is so difficult for some people to get. Some are out...some have been out longer than others...so they have other experiences to draw on. Sorry not everyone has "gotten out" as much as you "mature" ones in the group

I think it's funny how riled some people get over being compared to dubs...if your so "over it" then it shouldn't matter to you so much, should it???

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am neither a JW nor an XJW, but I have been accused of "JW thinking", too. Which is unsupportable. I like guidelines for behavior. That does not mean I like the JW lifestyle. If this board removed all restraint, I would leave.

On the other hand, I do think a welcoming, semi-cohesive board like this, can be vulnerable to groupthink, common to the human condition.

• Simon
    Simon
    I think it's funny how riled some people get over being compared to dubs...if your so "over it" then it shouldn't matter to you so much, should it???

So Xena ... you wouln't mind if every other day I posted how JW like you acted or how you behaved like you were still in the WTS etc ...

I suspect your opinion would be different.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Brummie......As far as "Re-wording the same message and posting it under another title" is concerned........don't you think to some extent we all do that here anyway??

Xena.... Excellent post. My thoughts exactly.

HS..... take the boy out of the Cult, but harder to take the Cult out of the boy.........whilst I hate the word "Cult" I get your point.

Minimus.... Keep yout chin up!

I do think its a bit poor, that because of this thread someone saw fit to remove my ability to start threads completely and reduce my replies down to 5 in 24 hours without giving me warning or reason why. I didn't attack anyone here or use insulting language. Yes as far as many are concerned here I do "whine" at times, and usually for that I get called a number of things. That is fine by me, I put myself in the firing line so expect to get shot at. But come on......Silencing me through such hard restrictions? Hmmm.

There are so many good people on this site, many who have helped me when I've been feeling down by posting a kind word or PM. I like to think I have been the same as well towards them via PM or directly on the site. Yes I'm gonna think different than the majority, and yes what I say may upset some, its never a personal attack, and if people feel upset by my sometimes "blanket" statements ....then I'm sorry.

I expect not to win anyone over, but I am thinking, and trying to work things out for myself. I still maintain that this forum does come down way too hard on any supposed "disent" as I was trying to point out. Call it "whining" if you like, who else can I talk to about what I feel as regards the whole JW experience?

Best

Scoob

• Simon
    Simon

Bollocks. You enjoy being a martyr IMO.

Always the same drivel and refusal to engage in discussion.

I'm sorry but the forum is not here just so you can take repeated pop-shots at people. If you dislike it so much then why are you here?

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Simon,

Your post is inaccurate. I don't take potshots at people here at all, only at decisions that are made to posts that are made in all sincerity that may not follow the collective thought. JWD should rejoice in diversity given the past of its members rather than punish it by restrictions. If you had read a bit more you would see that I do like it despite its small faults, and do keep coming back day after day. I'm also fond of alot of people on here as well.

If you think I just come here to play the martyr, then that is your right of view, others would say I antagonise, others still whine, it might be drivel to you and a few others, that is of course your point of view, to which I would have to use your same term "Bollocks"

It is of course your forum, so I see little point in expecting any change in my limits, or indeed any understanding as to what I might type.

Scoob

• Xena
    Xena

Simon I believe you called my thinking JWish not to long ago....I laughed at you, which is what I suggest you do to other people.

The alternative to being called an elder I suppose would be to be called a controlling jerk....does the change in terms make it feel any better? Rather than addressing the labels why not try and address the underlying meaning behind them?

• Simon
    Simon

Well, I can only go off what I see and I see you making the same charges again and again with "hit and run" topics and then refusing to engage in real discussion or accept the points that people make.

If you really believe some on the nonsense that you come out with then you would not be here ... because you are breaking the rules and disobeying your wonderful mother organisation (excuse me while I vomit )

The fact is, you behave like a classic troll ... post things deliberately designed to rile the majority of visitors to the site including the moderators and then piss of and refuse to acknowledge the responses. Repeat ad-naseum. Claim martyrdom when stopped.

Isn't that how it is?

If you have a complaint then you should perhaps start by looking at your own behaviour.

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon I believe you called my thinking JWish not to long ago....I laughed at you, which is what I suggest you do to other people.

Which, I think, proves my point ... the fact that you can remember this (as I can't) shown that it must have meant something to you. How would you feel if you were called it repeatedly, week after week? I suspect you would show FAR less patience than *some* do.

The alternative to being called an elder I suppose would be to be called a controlling jerk....does the change in terms make it feel any better? Rather than addressing the labels why not try and address the underlying meaning behind them?

I don't have to address anything because I'm neither. I just have a forum to run. It's easy to bitch, harder to *do*.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit