JWD ....the opium of the Ex ?

by ScoobySnax 112 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

Scott, try as as I have, from my (and your) very first day on this db, I've not seen any honesty from you, true honesty! Facing what you've been asked, and answering accordingly (sooner or later).

You just keep dredging up the same old issues, or copy-catting others' genuine issues.

And you've done none other since the day I met you.

Oh yes, I read your "coming-out" thread. More bait for fools like me.

Why have you never posted on any of the almost innumerable "gay" threads" that have been posted on JWD? Why have you never posted (to my knowledge) on other exJWGay boards?

imnsho, you are nothing other than a pure and simple, though very adroit, troll.

Enough is enough.

Craig

• Satanus
    Satanus

Scoob

Hey, show some respect to the district overbeer, eh! Geeze, of all the nerve to suggest that we bring some of our former traits w us! Why, you should have some restrictions placed on you for that. And i hope that brother simon, or one of the mods taking the lead here, does just that.

SS

• talesin
    talesin
    We have the same Authoratarian structure.

Umm, Scoob, NOPE. Lemme see, 28 years out of the bOrg, lots of experience in power structures and groups, and I emphatically do not agree.

Every group has rules, this one is no different. I have read other forums where there are no rules, and most worldly people would feel the same as I do. The rules here protect us from abusive posters and are quite reasonable, imnsho.

Yes, of course we debate with those who defend the WT, but they are not 'disfellowshipped'. Those who persist on being downright nasty, who come here only to stir up trouble, or who make personal and insulting remarks are not welcome. Well, that's the way it works in RL. Let's be real, kay? What would happen in the local pub or coffee shop if someone was being constantly rude, nasty and/or disruptive? Or playing with people's minds? They would be tossed.

Also, I find there are some who at times have attitudes like elders, or JWs, to a small extent. Of course! They are only displaying behaviours that have been drilled into their heads, and need time and experience to deprogramme. As far as Simon or the moderators making elder-like decisions, that is so far from reality that it's laughable.

tal

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I just read the last few replies, and I think alot of good points are made, to what was after all, just my opinion. Thanks for those replies.

I have an issue with Craig tho. What exactly do you mean by "Enough is enough" ? What galls you to feel the way you do. Is it because despite being here for 2 years I don't fit into the same mindset as you do? You know Craig of all people you should rejoice in diversity instead of rubbishing it in the tones you use. You used to be one of the more open people here of the forum, it seems my initial observation of you was wrong. And thats a shame.

What exactly does me posting on gay froums have to do with this thread? I have spoken alot about my experiences here, yet you make them out to be something I said to garner some sort of sympathy and one you were suckered into. Let this be known Craig, If you can't seperate your feelings towards JWs and my observations, maybe you shouldn't reply to my posts. Its that simple.

I don't post here to be popular, I post as I feel.

Scoob

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Dissention on JWD is by no means tolerated.

People see what they want to see, and believe what they want to believe.

For once Scoob, in all seriousness, what exactly are you wanting? Are you of the mind that a discussion board should be censorship free? Anything goes? Or do you think there should be rules in place? What sort of rules?

Be specific please and consider all angles and possibilities to avoid any appearance of unfairness.

• Valis
    Valis

SS...in all seriousness, I started that because I figured we were having more fun and it might get out of hand...thusly someone had to make sure there was enough beer and spiritual food whenever the sorry bastards from JWD we call our friends decide to gather. I have always hoped that it bugged the crap out of the JW apologists and the cronies who would even try defending such a ludicrous way of believing in Christianity. A joke in hand is better than lies coming out of thier mouth!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

BigTex,

Thanks for giving me the oppurtunity to explain, I will.

As for me, I'm not wanting anything, I can accept this forum for what it says on the label. Nothing more nothing less. All I made was an observation. You know I'll break etiquete here and relay what Minimus posted to me a week or so ago. He asked me what I'd done to be put on "restrictions" and how unfair it was. Apparently he'd disagreed with those "higher up" and felt wronged by this, and he too had been put on restricted posting. I don't suppose he'll thank me for saying this and I'll apologise to him now in using him to make my point. I think he had a valid one though. After his PM I ditd think why does that happen, for dissenters like me, maybe, but Minimus the faithful poster here? ....It just seemed strange. I won't go into the details.

I don't question that a discussion forum, ANY discussion forum should have regulations, only to what extent they are carried out on its members. I belong to other forums on the net too as many do here, but I've yet to see the same restrictions laid on its members as is seen here. I understand that to belong to any forum, you have to adhere to those rules, and like I said I have no quibble with that. My post was just an observation made from my perspective.

It was an Observation

Scoob

• Satanus
    Satanus

Val

It was a good idea and i see where you are coming from. Everyone appreciates your efforts. I was using it as part of an attempt at humor to show which of scoobs points i agree w, sort of. I don't agree w all that he said.

SS

• onacruse
    onacruse

Scott:

I have an issue with Craig tho. What exactly do you mean by "Enough is enough" ? What galls you to feel the way you do. Is it because despite being here for 2 years I don't fit into the same mindset as you do? You know Craig of all people you should rejoice in diversity instead of rubbishing it in the tones you use.

And if you'd followed my own posts, and subsequent JWD links to RayZ's board

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/28/66899/1.ashx

you would know as well as I that, in spite of my own heterosexual predilections, I have no moral objection to homosexual relationships.

You used to be one of the more open people here of the forum, it seems my initial observation of you was wrong. And thats a shame.

Assume what you will.

What exactly does me posting on gay froums have to do with this thread?

Well, lemme see: You've said you are a "gay-though-not-yet-'officially'-ex-JW" poster. And the title of your thread is "JWD...the opium of the EX?"

I have spoken alot about my experiences here,

Yes, you have, and for all to see.

yet you make them out to be something I said to garner some sort of sympathy and one you were suckered into.

Yes, I was suckered. Will you admit that you are?

Let this be known Craig, If you can't seperate your feelings towards JWs and my observations, maybe you shouldn't reply to my posts. Its that simple.

You choose to post here, and I can respond accordingly. Do you have a problem with that?

Craig

• Valis
    Valis

SS my friend...I really think it has little to do with one thread, but an overall pattern of criticism and a load of offhanded remarks about people who respond to said criticism. You can go back and look for yourself at the history and as onaism says..IT IS THERE FOR ALL TO SEE. There is a huge difference IMO in being critical or at least questioning of what we say or do here as a group, but also contribute to other's threads and enjoy each other's comany versus the continual and unrelenting singular effort to piss people off here. Just my OBSERVATION.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit