An average Americans view of the French people

by Maverick 97 Replies latest jw experiences

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

French Flag My French connection.My mom was French canadian.I fly the French greeting at my home http://dannyhaszard.com/

Bienvenu à nos amis
    de Canadien français.

French are smart people they have more civilian nuke power plants per capita.They run em good.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

The Pink Panther has to be one of my all time favorites- is it a French film? Well if not, at least the inspector was French.

• blobby
    blobby

Isn't Art dependant upon what's fashionable at the time?

Real art such as the classic's are timeless but still it comes and goes with the fashion of the day eg Pavarotti made Opera truly popular with Nessun Dorma before that it was a small minority but now it enjoys a wider audience, Nigel Kennedy with Vivaldi's 4 seasons was another example..

The FFI has "had" its day.....!.........It has had it's classic's but no more.

• blobby
    blobby

I totally agree .....the Pink Panther series made famous by Peter Sellers was a real classic.

The funny thing was he was ripping the French ............................You little minky!

Its was actually a British made classic.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Like when he tried to fine the blind man but couldnt because the minky was collecting the money *LOL*

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

LOL blobby : I've tried to stay away from the subject as far as those who where answering have beeng efficient in their answers. and CHEVYSNATs have made the point.

Also, I've been surprised that you know more than I thought about the French movie industrie and have been able to point masterpieces ... I would add "VIDOCK" I've been surprised myself about this movie (even about the colors they used).

Now the question is why should you know better than those who just state about their tastes ... again it is a question of taste, and again those who make their opinion on how much a movie makes monney probably missed masterpieces from all over the world. Your losses. But arguing against peoples taste is just a non sens.

Now did you get interested in the Asian movies industries (cause your own industrie does - did you feel the wind of it ?). Oh well ... get stuck on your own products and be the last to know about everything else. your choice after all !

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Crazy,

Simple: If it was good people would pay money to see it *duh*

Are you serious? This is without doubt one of the most ill-informed, not to say stupid statements that I have ever read on this board.

lol...What a buffoon. Have you a clue for example how many paintings Van Gogh sold in his life?....lol

HS

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

My dearest Hillary,

You pay money to see bad art?? If so why?

Maybe they should start speaking English

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

lol at 151, ya smartaleck

• ball.
    ball.

All french people know this: we British were willing for you to win against Croatia. Of course, things will be different in the next round!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit