This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Ian,

Just to add how impressed I am with your clear-minded freedom in this situation.

Reminds me of a French song by Jacques Brel:

"You are not God,

You are much more,

You are a man."

All the best,

Didier

• Dansk
    Dansk

Latte, BluesBrother, Marjorie and Didier,

Thank you for your wonderfully kind comments and thoughts.

Jim, thanks for the pm.

I?ve just this minute finished speaking to Andi (Billygoat) on the telephone ? a day after Think41self telephoned. It is so incredibly moving that so many people whom I?ve never met can be so loving. We have a spirit that gels from just what we say. That is so wondrous and absolutely uplifting.

Yesterday I took a product called MGN-3 and this morning my tumour has definitely shrunk slightly. My diet, as I?ve referred to earlier, is also so much healthier and I have lost excess weight. I really do feel so much better and Think41self and Andi having telephoned, on top of Ross?s call midweek, has just lifted my spirits so much. I love you guys!!!

Andi, thank you for all the very special work you are doing on my behalf. I know you are ?phoning around as often as you can to get me help and you also take time out to e-mail me. I want others here to know what a truly loving person you are. And you love my accent too!!

Think41self, you too are in my thoughts. To do what you are doing is just beyond anything I can put into words.

So many people are going to lots of effort to help, be it sending vibes, prayers, e-mails, pms, writing messages on this thread or even coming round to visit. I want you to know that I appreciate all equally. Without such contact my fight would be that much harder.

Today Claire bought a juicer. We purchased a video from the Bristol Cancer Help Centre earlier in the week which emphasised the importance of juicing to detoxify the body and to get important vitamins more easily absorbed. I?ve just taken my first juiced drink, which contained various fruits, and it was delicious. I?m a strong believer in having a healthy diet to strengthen the immune system to fight the cancer. We?re going to try all the veggie and fruit recipes. Yummy!!

Next Tuesday I go over to see my homeopath. The following Thursday I see my haematologist again.

Well, I?m having a great time. I feel happy, healthy and content. I?ve got the best friends in the world - RIGHT HERE!

Thank you!

Love,

Ian

• Joe Bloggs
    Joe Bloggs

WOW! You're really taking the bull by the horns, aren't you mate! Well I think it's just fantastic that you are handling this so well and taking control of the situation. One of the most frightening things about cancer must be that it tries to overpower a person, sucking the very life out of his or her being until he or she is eventually destroyed. But that's what cancer does, just like a parasite. However, by doing what you are doing, Ian, you are sending a message to this cancer: "I am not afraid of you, I am stronger than you, I will destroy YOU!"

And you will!

Joe

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your wonderful encouragement, here, by pm, e-mail and by telephone

Ian

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Ian, it's nice to hear from you again. I have just got back from a holiday in the tropics and am just catching up with what's been going on around here.

I'm pleased that you have done your homework and have discovered that there are more treatment options than the Chemo Cult would have us believe.

I believe that we, and that includes you Ian, can take the power of our healing into our own hands. It doesn't make sense to me to accept treatments that damage the very organs we need to fight our diseases. I can't recall any alternative treatments that promise to repair permanent damage done by modern techniques.

All power to you and your family

Chris

• jwsons
    jwsons

((((((((((Dansk&Family))))))))))))

My contribute prayers to you. Hope you well

jwsons

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I don't know what kind of juicer you bought Ian, but I got one of those geared jobs that doesn't put much air into the juice. Not quite as good as a proper press, but did me just fine.

I don't use it medicinally at present but, because it is pretty much anaerobic, it does make a damned fine cider out of my spare apples hic these days.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

{{{Dansk}}}

So glad to see you're in such good spirits!

You have a PM

hugs,

Annie

• Dansk
    Dansk

Chris, jwsons and Annie,

Thank you for your very kind wishes and upbuilding comments Watch that cider, Chris, it's potent stuff!

Some time back a number of friends here suggested that I should let my daughters know of my situation. I mentioned why I'd rather not. Last night my sister-in-law and her husband came round with bags of organic fruit for me (they are the kindest people you could ever meet). Brenda, my in-law, told me that she'd bumped into Jody, my older daughter, in the supermarket. The bottom line is, the girls DO know I have cancer. I don't know who told them but the point is they still haven't been in touch. It doesn't surprise me when one considers the mindset of JWs.

So, now you have it. It doesn't matter what we did for them in the past or the fact that we still love them now. The cult hold is as strong as super glue. I don't blame my girls. I don't blame the majority of door to door canvassers. The blame lies firmly with a bunch of stupid old men and their cohorts at Brooklyn. I'm not even bitter against them anymore. It serves no purpose and just makes one rot inside.

My cancer is a wakeup call. I don't view it as death-dealing but as a warning that I needed to change my lifestyle; to relax more and not get angry or agitated. I was given two months to live without chemo and possibly three years if I had the chemo. That's a load of tosh. You guys are going to have to put up with me for a long time to come.

Right, it's Sunday and I intend to relax. Happy 4th July to my American friends. Up the British and down the yanks

Love to all,

Ian

• Simon
    Simon

I'm glad to see you have such a positive outlook on this and way of dealing with it - that can surely only help.

As for your daughters, I think you should tell them. Could it be that they possibly feel that you are cutting them off by not telling them? (eg. "such important news and he didn't even tell us"). It may be the chance or excuse they need to build up contact with you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit