Toothpick skinny or the real thing?

by Stefanie 174 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess
    Personally, I try to stay at around 16% body fat which for me is about a size 2 jeans. I have very long limbs and when I gain weight, it all goes to my middle. If I could gain bodyfat in my legs and rear, I'd go up a few sizes, but I just end up looking like a tennis ball on toothpicks!!

See? We are all so different. 15% body fat for me is a size 4, but I tend to gain it at my middle first too. Looks gross IMO so I work hard to keep it off. If I could gain bodyfat in my breasts, well, I'd eat more.

Thank god we are both happily married Sabine. It seems the men on this board like the softer, curvier type. I guess they can have them, yes?

Looking forward to seeing you Saturday!

Rachel

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't prefer a type when it comes to looks. When I meet someone they either are attractive to me or they aren't. I loved John Candy. I like Johnny Depp. The lead singer for the group Live makes me dizzy.But Andy tops them all. He's tall and slender and quite handsome. It's not just how someone looks but the vibe they give off and what's in their eyes. It's the personality and intelligence and then good grooming helps a lot, too.A man with confidence in himself and who is true to his convictions is going to be more attractive. Passion for life is important, too.

Andy tells me that beauty does not come in a size. Soooooo.....

Hey Chevy that sounds about right. Right now I am fitting into a size 10, but i desperatly want to fit into a 4 again.

But lately I am finding that i am happy they way I am .

I have a much better love life now than I ever had when I was slim. He makes me feel far prettier and more desirable than any man I ever have known. Girls, don't get stuck with a guy who is only in love with you as a thinner person. Go for a guy who is going to fall in love with YOU. If he really loves you for you then he's going to love you no matter what you weigh or what number is on that tag in your jeans.

When you fall truly, madly in love with someone, let's say they are short and fat and have thinning hair, suddenly they will become the standard you measure everyone against. If you see some guy who is not short, fat and balding then you think, "Sigh, he just doesn't have that adorable plump tummy like my Georgie." But if you don't really love Georgie in the truest sense you'll think,"I wish Georgie would lose weight, join the hairclub for men and boo hoo hoo he is so short."

If a guy doesn't want you anymore because you gained some weight, the guy was only in love with the way you looked at a certain size. He was not really in love with you. My brother in law married his wife when she was 16. She had a petite hourglass figure. Now she weighs over three hundred pounds and is over 40. Guess what? He still thinks she is beautiful and he is still crazy about her. He even paints her toenails for her and shaves her legs for her. He is in love with the real her. Never settle for anything less than this type of love.

Flyin'

• Sabine
    Sabine

Hey Rachel, you look absolutely fantastic, I admire your dedication and all you've accomplished in your running...wish these old knees could take it, I'd be running with you.

See you Saturday, between the drinks and goodies, it's going to be part carb-fest and part apostafest for me!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Flying,,your a smart gale!!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Flying,,your a smart gale!!!!

Thanks. I've just been around the earth enough times to learn more about what's important than I did in my younger days. Two of the most beautiful women on this forum? Mouthy and Orange Fat Kat. Did you hear? Orange is having flames painted onto her new fire engine red scooter. C'mon guys, what's not to love about that kind of spunk?

Flyin'

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Englishman,

It's my experience- limited though it may be - that the only people who think that skinny women are attractive are women.

May I respectfully submit, "heterosexual women."

As a lady who loves the ladies, I too prefer the juicy round ones.

GentlyFeral

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This is spooky weird or what but almost every thread people are saying nice things???Funny things!!! kind things!!!And weird things!!!!

• Simon
    Simon

I don't like *very* skinny women but prefer 'slim' to 'fat'

We're probably genetically predisposed toward this:

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    If this is not the real thing what is?

This is the epitomy of real womanhood: Patricia Rutlidge playing Hyacinth Bucket on the Brit TV show: "Keeping Up Appearances". Also her sisters Daisy and Rose. Daisy sets out to make her husband Onslo jealous by "dating" a young, punky and very cute biker. Rose is the sister who is the tart and can be seen with Hyacinth in the last of these three pictures. .

The Keeping Up Appearances Gallery on YCDTOTV.de   Path: www.YCDTOTV.de/kua_img/e3_232.jpg  The Keeping Up Appearances Gallery on YCDTOTV.de   Path: www.YCDTOTV.de/kua_img/e2_327.jpg

The Keeping Up Appearances Gallery on YCDTOTV.de   Path: www.YCDTOTV.de/kua_img/e3_210.jpg

Flyin'

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

My past partners have ranged from 12 years younger (nothing like that, she was at University) to 91/2 years older, from very pretty to chewing-a-wasp level of attractiveness, from four-rolls-of-tummy-fat to dances-on-a-podium-in-a-club-athletic-slim. Hair skin and eye colour have all varied.

I think the thing is SHAPE, not weight. Well, by 'think', I mean my personal taste agrees with much of the research I've read.

If your waist is around 0.7 the measurement of your hips (the WHR), you will look attractive to most hetro men. This pattern is kept throughout the world, whether the cutural prefence is for ectomorphs, endomorphs or mesomorphs apart from some primative hunter-gatherer cultures. Here's a rather cheesy photo I found that some researchers morphed as an illustration.

Essentially curves rule. I like lithe and slim - not boney and skinny - but I only like it if there's curves. I also like well-padded (say top end of healthy weight range) - but I only like it if there's curves.

And, unsurprisingly, curves are a good indicator of general fertiltiy; if you've got an hour-glass shape you're less likely to have problems conceiving than if you're straight up and down.

What I don't like is huge boobs. I am happy there are millions of guys who LOVE them. But I'm not one. B cups can reach a perfection of shape and position that only the most exceptional D cups can... and the B cups will still be in the same place in thirty years time...

Of course, we could get really un PC and talk about whether sexual rsponsiveness and weight are connected...

What about the ladies, is it weight, or that triangle shape (wide shoulders, slim hips) that get's your motor running?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit