Toothpick skinny or the real thing?

by Stefanie 174 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Should I say f*ck it and gain twenty pounds because they aren't valuing me?

Noooo, you should say f*ck it and just be you. If that's fitter than the average 30 something mom then that's you. The whole point is that it's who you are, not how you look, that should matter to you first and to your family who loves YOU.

Flyin'

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Jesus Christ @ the all night gym Flyinghighnow! We're trying to have a meaningful shallow meatmarket of a who-would-you-do discussion here, would you please stop with the inner person of the heart crap???!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Flyin,
    Meanwhile just take good care of yourself and tell shallow people to bite your @$$.

Just love it when you talk dirty.LOL

Not to mention you make lots and lots of sense. I think you are a blessing to the young women.

Thank you, Frankie doll. And Six, just skip over my posts, darling. They are meant for people who care about the feelings of others rather than the ones who care mostly about the flesh of others.

Flyin'

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    They are meant for people who care about the feelings of others rather than the ones who care mostly about the flesh of others.

Just so long as those people don't get into massage therapy, cuz they couldn't handle the dichotomy.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Just so long as those people don't get into massage therapy, cuz they couldn't handle the dichotomy.

Yep, yep for sure, Six gotta be able to get the two together for good massage therapy.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Abaddon! OMG!! I am laughing so hard I think I may lose a few pounds!!!

This is an interesting thread indeed.............at this point in my life, I happen to be a size 18/20........yes, I'm very overweight.......but, when I was married, I was very fortunate that my ex didn't have a problem with my weight. In fact, neither of us worried about the other's weight other than that we were concerned for their health. It's true what Flying said, if your mate really loves you, they will love you no matter what size you are. Size 12 is perfect for me........when I'm a size 12, I still weigh 160 lbs. Now, some people may think that's heavy, but, for a woman my height..........5'8" that is in my range. What's sad is when people can't be comfortable with themselves...........which I admit, is a struggle for me right now.

As far as what attracts me, I have to say it's a guys personality. I've been around gorgeous guys who are absolute boors. I am attracted to a man with a great sense of humor, and a positive attitude. Looks are secondary.

Terri

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

So, like what guy is going to post on this thread declaring his attraction for an extremely slender woman?

The dude would get clobbered.

For the majority of men, personality is just as important as looks. And men don't judge us nearly as harsh as us women judge ourselves and each other.

I get fed up with the skinny vs fat war. I think it's most important to be HEALTHY.

Ask anyone who has battled cancer.

I knew many a young woman when I, and they, were in our twenties. Stunning to look at some of them were. Their youth cloaked the dirty secrets of laxatives, vomiting, and starvation. One marathon runner I knew had thrown up so many times, she had broken her essophagus twice. Dr warned her that he might not be able to repair it a third time. Then, there was the rotting teeth from being bathed continously in stomach acid.

Another beautiful young woman took over 100 laxatives a day. On the outside, thin and picture of health.

Careful about that outside package. It can be very deceptive.

Then there was the extreme of Karen Carpenter.

Skinny doesn't do ya much good if you're dead.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    I think she looked incredibly unhealthy and always had a real bloated look. She was obese and is still overweight. She looks better but I object to Dan-o's comment about her being in better "shape". She is not in shape. She used an unhealthy method of weight loss and I assure you it's temporary unless she changes her lifestyle.

Well, first off, you probably didn't see the same centerfold that I saw 11 or 12 years ago. She didn't look "bloated" then, but she did certainly look like a gal who enjoyed a bucket of fried chicken every now & then. She looked like a big, healthy woman.

And in the second place, When I said she was in better shape now than a year or two ago, I meant that her "shape" is more attractive now than it was. Yeah, even for me, there's a point at which the extra pounds become unattractive. And Anna had passed that stage for a few years. "In shape" as in "physically fit" or "ready for the Boston Marathon"? Nah. And that's not what I was trying to say.

As a person, she did seem and still seems like a total vacuum-head. Not the kind of gal I'd want any more than serious overnight relationship with. But on a physical attraction level ... well, that's a whole different ball of wax. Toothpick skinny was never attractive to me.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Then there was the extreme of Karen Carpenter.

Skinny doesn't do ya much good if you're dead.

Beautiful, I heard "We've Only Just Begun To Live" in a restaurant tonight. Karen's voice was so unique, rich and lovely. Burt Bacharach said it was the loveliest and most perfect he had ever heard. What a tragic loss to those of us who loved her music. I once read that the starving of herself began when someone thoughtlessly told her she had a "pear shaped" figure. How sad. We can go along unconcious of how we look and then someone makes us self concious about a body part or facial feature.

This is one reason I am so vocal on this board, as well as in my life off line, about thoughtless remarks about looks and weight. My own daughter starved herself down to less than 90 lbs after the birth of her first baby. She is 5' 6". Her teeth break off just from chewing gum.

I've seen too much misery and experienced some of it myself from shallow, thoughtless remarks. I remember weighing 105 lbs at 4 1/2 months pregnant and being told I was fat by my first husband. I had very curvy nice hips and he would say they were big when they measured only 35 inches! I asked him one time, "What do you want? A boy?"

Flyin'

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Wow, this thread suddenly got very PC.
    What's with the "personality" thang?
    The thread is talking about looks, and looks alone.

For the majority of men, personality is just as important as looks. And men don't judge us nearly as harsh as us women judge ourselves and each other.

Amen, sister...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit