Back from the Memorial......Special Announcement at the end....

by ScoobySnax 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sorry, I've had a couple of shots of Scotch and am feeling it. Haven't drank much lately.

To explain.................I still don't get the obsession with the memorial. JW's don't have the truth. If you think it's important to observe, go somewhere else.

I can hardly type. Yikes.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Scooby,

Didn't you ever hear from the WT that your are either on one side or the other and that even the fence belongs to Satan? Glad you know some people who make you feel good. This is my first year not going--it would be hard to face the congo I once I attended as my experience with this group was torturous. Because of that I am no longer able to stomach the WT message.

Despite all that I still wish you the best on your journey through life. I realize that not all have the same experiences as others.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Hey Mulan........ Seeing it through a Scotch filled haze is never a bad thing in my books.......positively nice..... I'm even more adamant about it all then, but nope I was sober....... thanks, even If do disagree.

Cyber..... and thanks for your good wishes too. As your heart dictates I guess. I am fully aware of "sitting on the fence" that line was made for me......

Scoob

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scoob,

Is there ever a time when someone makes a few random lines that you don't feel the need to pontificate on?

Yes, when a person posts complete rubbish, such as you just did in your reply to me.

Ponificate free and UnScoobied - HS

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    The hall was packed, and from my standing point I had plenty of opportunity to have a scan about, despite being horrified that their were brothers there who were betting looking than even me ( in my newly bought outfit!) I saw yet again a truly great crowd of people.

Scoob, I hope I can say without causing you offense (it's really a general comment rather than a critique of your observation), that when I read that I wondered how many of that 'great crowd' were thinking things like:

"I don't care what mom says, I'm never going to this dumb thing again. She could at least let me have my Gameboy if she's going to make me come to these dumb things."

"At least when we go to dad's house next weekend we get to hunt Easter eggs!"

"I suppose I'd be a better person and husband if I was interested in this stuff. I hope she doesn't get the idea I'm going to start going to all her damned meetings."

"OK, keep reminding yourself, yes this is a pain in the a$$ but it's worth it if it keeps my family talking to me and generally off my back the rest of the year."

"Good grief, why did I let him/her talk me into this? I'm not interested in this religion, I just can't say that to his/her face. I wish s/he'd just leave me alone. I'm not answering the door the next time s/he comes."

"God this is boring, but you do have to go to church somewhere every Easter. Still, I'm not coming back here next time. I didn't realize you weren't supposed to take communion at a JW church! That's screwy."

"Whew. That's over again for another year!"

• gumby
    gumby
    I loved going and was good to see all the brothers and sisters again

I can understand you wanting to see the brothers and sisters.......but other than that, what was it that you loved?

Gumby

• wednesday
    wednesday

well, i did not go this year, my first year. My hubby and I flet anxious all day about it, but in the end, we knew we would not be welcomed and felt we could have our on memorial at home. so i baked the bread and he got the wine and we read the passages from the Bible pertaining ot it, and prayed over the emblems. I partook, he started not to, but then did. So it is over, and we are drinking the wine.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Asleif...... Speculation ....it maybe true, it maybe not.

HS.....You make me laugh. Thanks Mr "unscoobied" and oh so right as always "pontificating -free" HS ..... you know I read somewhere on here or was it elsewhere that you were one of the brains of this forum....... maybe It was just a dream. LOL

Gumby... Good question.

I wouldn't know where to begin to answer that if I'm honest, that cuts straight to the heart. I suppose that what I heard resonates with me, its not a way of life I have thrown off or rejected, just a way of life and living that I grew tired of doing, and felt unworthy for, yet something that still is a core part of me that I miss. I suppose what I heard brought me back to my own "comfort zone" like a place that I know makes me feel safe, even if it was for only an hour. Its a difficult one Gumby to answer, but a good one nontheless. Thanks for asking.

Scoob

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Scooby,,

Do you actually get spiritual comfort at these meeting??

• gumby
    gumby
    I suppose what I heard brought me back to my own "comfort zone" like a place that I know makes me feel safe, even if it was for only an hour

I can understand that. Do you think the time will come when that won't work anymore?

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit