Back from the Memorial......Special Announcement at the end....

by ScoobySnax 91 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Yes, if I'm honest I do Frankie.

I know it may seem strange to you, but I do. ......I still spend hours reading the magazines and books. I read them as avidly as I read this site.

Scoob

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Gumby....

Given the sort of life I've been living since being "out of the truth" and having read all that I read here, I wonder if I'll ever feel different, most here would tell me I'm just simple. But I haven't ever really let go of what I remember. Had that PO after the meeting tonight had asked me to the back and said "Scott, we have reason to call a JC to d/f you on grounds of ............ " I'd have been devestated. Even though they would have every reason to do that given what I read here from some peoples experiences and what I KNOW I have got up too.

But to turn against them? No, I wouldn't do that I don't think. I am after all master of my own destiny, it is the only thing I can be sure of when most other things in my life have slipped away, and I've seemed powerless to stop them. At least I've known what path I am treading and have trod, and the consequences that might bring.

Does that make sense?

Scoob

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Seeing it through a Scotch filled haze is never a bad thing in my books.......positively nice

It felt good............it's been a stressful weekend.

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

PROVERBS 27: 22

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

SORRY MULAN, does not apply to you.

• gumby
    gumby
    Does that make sense?

The only person it has to make sense to is you.

To me.....it makes no sense. I could not continue to participate in something I saw as flawed as the rganisation was......even if it felt good.

I was asking the questions because it still amazes me how people can continue to believe in something that has been shown to them as having major error. I mean no insult in this

Some people believe what they see as truth, others will pretend to believe what they wish was true, and others believe only what they know is true(spiritually speaking). I guess the fact is.....we all see things different....we just have a hard time excepting others reasoning as far as why they believe as they do.

Gumby

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

And you enjoy it Mulan......Coffee 5 sugars in the morning too, with a resolution till the next time..

Gumby....guess I fall into catergory 1. You are right in your summary, infact spot on. We all see things different.

Scott

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Like Wednesday, I am celebrating the 'Memorial' at home. This is my first time in 4 years and I look forward to 'partaking' of the wine and bread along with my new non-jw wife.

Like Frankie tho, I would not enjoy 'celebrating' anything under the umbrella of WTS Org. They have broken & separated my family from me for getting remarried. I am not yet DF/DA but, it is inevitable...once it's official. It'll be forever.

I would never look down my nose at anyone who chooses differently, after all...I'm not a witness anymore.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Scoob.

Please help me understand. U still feel JWS have "the truth" and u feel uplifted around them. great. If this is so, what is preventing u from embracing them fully? They haven't given up on u, appears people still talk to u, and so they would welcome your retun.Do u feel u must confess to everything u have done while out? B/c that is not really so. That is between u and God.

weds

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Scooby,

You noted to HS:

Is there ever a time when someone makes a few random lines that you don't feel the need to pontificate on?

Like any other ex-JW forum, this is a place where people feel they can comment ... debate ... pontificate ... etc. HS was not really pontificating, though, but rather was merely clarifying some things for you ...

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the memorial ... and equally pleased that you PO did not do anything beyond offer bringing the magazines to you.

One day though ... you will have a serious crisis of faith ... and the JW organization may began to seem very silly to you ... and eventually even as dangerous as it is ... until then, enjoy the fantasy ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit