Back from the Memorial......Special Announcement at the end....

by ScoobySnax 91 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

......and then on top of all that JWD is blessed with you Six

Nuff said.

Scoob

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Well Wasa, You certainly appear to be coming across as a better person than me.

On this thread Scooby, it is not terribly difficult, believe me. A hamster after a wild night on the town might look like a knight in shining armor to you on this particular thread.

HS

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Well Mr Nosey!!!

Uh, Mrs. Nosey.

Why does everybody think I'm a guy?? Does the term 'dottir' not appear in my name? Is there not a female symbol on my info? If I have my period, do I not bleed? just joking folks I do it to other people too...

Bottom line.... Yes I think you are stuffed here, and me too. Bet I burn quicker too, or disappear down that earthquake crack quicker. You know the JW take on it as well as I do. Don't try to be clever!

I wasn't trying to be clever...I had honestly thought I read an exchange between you and somebody earlier in the thread, where you said something like, 'to each his own' or something like it...to the effect that JWs weren't right for everybody and that was ok, but I must have totally made it up because I sure can't find it now. As that is not 'the JW take,' I was wondering how you simultaneously thought that and thought the JWs were right. Which was the cause of my confusion...guess it was all due to me misremembering something. I guess I shouldn't try to multi-task and post!

.....You evil apostate.

By their definition, I sure am. And proud of it.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

You know something about you Sixy..... and whats kinda funny if it wasn't so sad. You like to speak in the pleural when making your point.....We this, We that, We the other, ...yet you attack singularly.

Have a look back at your last post. It kind of says something about your reasoning to me. WE don't like him do WE because WE think his viewpoint is invalid don't WE.

You could always substitute the WE for ME you know, it would sure fit that amazing ego of yours. Sometimes I'm suprised it fits into a box on this forum.

Who are you Six? Ae you really like this in real life? Or are you just BIG behind your screen? Sure I reckon that many will line up to stand behind you here in support of the truly great guy you must be.

ME (ring any bells) ........ I just think you are awful.

Scoob

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Ooooh wait Sixy.....is that HS chiming in too???? LOL

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Night all. I'll leave you in the more than capable hands of the Emperor and Supreme One.....class. Until next time of course!

LOL

Scoob

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

(((ScoobySnax)))-I'm so sorry that, when you posted about your experience and the feelings it gave you, people here felt compelled to beat you down for it. OK, so not all of us feel as you do, most of us did not go to the memorial (I think). That gives no person the right to harrass you and try to bully you into changing your views. The world needs those who think with their hearts, in order to balance out the emotionless "Vulcans" (like me).

Did not most of us leave the organization because we recognize our rights to think and reason for ourselves? And, as survivors of the borg's oppression, should we not be more tolerant of other's views which may differ from our own? Please be respectful of each other on this board, and we can all find our own path without fear of being mocked.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scooby,

Who are you Six? Ae you really like this in real life? Or are you just BIG behind your screen? Sure I reckon that many will line up to stand behind you here in support of the truly great guy you must be.

Six is a wretch and a shag-eared villain and eats stir fried, thrice used socks, specially shipped to him in from a tiny village in Albania. He is a nasty, nasty, man who deserves to be most thoroughly slapped for his many crimes against humanity. That about says it all. Fancy a cup of Earl-Grey?

How does the saying go, If one person deigns to call you an ass, pay them no attention, but if ten people call you an ass, go buy yourself a concrete saddle.

HS

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    He "feels" that JW's have the truth. Well, so did all of us. We eventually allowed reason to penetrate our breastplate of stupidity; Scooby seems exceptionally committed to not allowing that to happen.

I think what's really interesting is why it irritates so many of us (me, too) that he does this. Why does this type of thing irritate us so much more than the occasional 'true believer' troll who doesn't stick around?

In reality, I think "belief" is much less rational. In some ways I think we consciously choose who we will believe (like when we began studying with the JWs and at one point decided they had given us sufficient proof and we would believe them). In some ways it's unconscious.

I have a brother-in-law who was raised in a relatively isolated rural Mennonite (ish) community. He rarely socializes with people outside of his church, and, outside of my husband and I, who keep a low profile about such things with the family, has probably never had a conversation with a non-Christian (and hardly ever even with a Democrat). He has never lived anywhere where a very conservative type of Christianity and the 'truth' of the Bible were questioned. He has never met a Jew, a Buddhist or a Hindu. He cannot conceive, literally, that anyone would believe those religions because "everybody knows" that Christianity is the right religion. He assumes that if you are a Hindu who was raised in India it still took a willful act of disbelief in the face of overwhelming truth to reject Christianity...that it is obvious to everyone in the world that Christianity is right (and so, by the way, is the "American way" and being Republican). He treats 'tales' about people with other religions and viewpoints as mildly entertaining, or alarming, or exotic, fiction. He has not had the personal experience to believe any other way.

Scoob was raised a JW (I think?). It is perfectly understandable that, "deep down", if he had to assume a "default" true religion, it is JWs. It's automatic. Most of us, even when we've changed our religious beliefs, have moments where our minds travel down familiar ruts for a moment before we realize, "Hey, wait a minute, I don't think that way anymore." Many here have consciously changed their belief, but it's as much an act of will as anything else, and apparently Scoob has not been given sufficient reason, in his opinion, to do so.

But his resistance to reason is only remarkable in that he associates here;

Not necessarily...at least the part about it being remarkable...He "believes" the JWs yet gets to 'walk on the wild side' by having gay sex and posting on an apostate board - the two worst things a JW male could conceive of. He gets to have the 'comfort' of his beliefs in the WT and the 'excitement' of doing 'forbidden' things. He's 'one up' on both JWs and apostates - he can think of himself as an 'insider' in both worlds. Scoob, you are of course free to think I'm full of it and tell me so...I just thought the possibility was there.

• wednesday
    wednesday

actually, most like Scob, b/c if they did not, they would not bother respondng to his posts. All of us have different aproaches to life. Scoob looks like he can hold his own here. I am leaning not to be judgmental. It is a terrible holdover from the jws.I am certainly not a person who would stand in judgment of anyone, hope I have not come across like that. and if i have, well, i'm evolving into a better person.

weds, still looking for that Insight book so i can beat some into me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit