Back from the Memorial......Special Announcement at the end....

by ScoobySnax 91 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Run...... You know something......I have been honest here, both in what I do and say, I call that honesty, I've never tried to convert or turn people back to the JW faith. I think people such as yourself see it as such because any kind of dissent is treated harshly here. (much as it would be in the KH, as I've alluded too)

How do I sleep at night you ask? well uncomfortably sometimes, other times fantastically.

If you're not really bothered about how wonderful say the memorial is or how packed it is, or how hypocritical I am, I wonder why you bother to take the time to post in this thread. Of course I then realise that this is an open thread forum and you are more than entitled to your views.....then I feel better, because I gave you the opportunity to voice your opinion.

Oh and btw.....I don't think I'm Circuit Overseer material

Sleep well, and give your heart to what you see fit as well.

• LukeN
    LukeN

i heard that! what got me was it said authorized elders and ministers are gladly avaible to help

• wasasister
    wasasister

Scooby:

Do you remember the exchange you and I had last year about this time? The one where you felt you needed to pity my children because of my supposed arrogance?

I did not attend this year, and I find your account very telling in some ways. You are living a double life and so much the pretender. I, however, am honest about who and what I am. Who - of the two of us - is more at peace?

You said:

Oh I don't know. I think its maybe laziness on my part, Its so much my easier being inactive.

No, that's not true at all. The laziness is in going along with the flow...not holding your ground when you know the popular thought is wrong. I submit to you, sir, that YOU are the lazy one because you refuse to stand up and tell those people: "I'm a gay man and I can have a relationship with God despite what you say!"

Do you need a ladder to get off that high horse?

Wasa

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Well Wasa,

You certainly appear to be coming across as a better person than me.

I'm sure you're at peace. you sort of erm sound it.

You know people can change in a year Wasa, some come to a better understanding, and try to understand more and sometimes cringe at past posts they may have made, others just don't. If I remember rightly you dined on that thread for months on the backs of others sympathy, regularly pulling it out. I thought after my apology we'd buried that. Clearly not.

Still I hope you are well now

Scoob

• wednesday
    wednesday

Actually, Scob, i do understand your dilema. U want to be "good," but the urge to be "bad "is stronger. I believe Paul said something like that in the bible. I hear u saying u have stong leaning to the "gay" side and cannot guarnatee u will not ever slip up again. It also sounds like u rather enjoy playing here with us bad apostates, like being a really bad boy. I'm not taunting u, Scoob. I have not led a perfect life and far be it from me to point my finger at anyone.

If JWS really acted according to scripture, u could go back. U could explain, u have done -whatever u feel is wrong, and they would let it be. Then u could start over. And God being a forgiving God, and understanding your dilema, would help u. Myabe u would slip up Scob, no one ever knows they would not do something wrong. But Scob, it sounds like u really do want to try and lead the life JWS say u should. I do not think u are going to be able to live with yourself until u try it. I hope they do not hurt u. If Jehovah was always overseeing things, He would make sure u were kept safe. he would help u and understand your dilema and give u the strength to do whatever it takes to lead a non gay life. But jehovah does not run the org. People do. And they can be so cruel. And not very helpful.. Sometimes they can just crush your spirit to the point u just give up. I would hate to see that happen to u scoob. I hope u understnd I am not here arguing that JWS are wrong, gay is ok. For the sake of this discussion, i'm saying -ok fine. They are right. U must lead a non gay life. I'm saying if they were true christians, they would help u to reach your goal, and if u slip up, well Scoob, u are a human bieng. U should not feel this fear of God. He would forgive u and help u no matter what your problem was as long as u really wanted help.

This is why i personally know they can't be the sole way to God, b/c they are very cruel people. God is not that unkind. Not that He does not have standards for us, but he is forgiving.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    I hear u saying u have stong leaning to the "gay" side and cannot guarnatee u will not ever slip up again. It also sounds like u rather enjoy playing here with us bad apostates, like being a really bad boy.

Hey, thats what I was thinking!

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

<<<<< like that type of bad boy

<<<<< or that type of bad boy

LOL

• Stefanie
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

What I don't get, is why we always have these conversations when Scooby says what he has basically said all along. Ok, I kinda understand it, cuz I always feel like beating him with an insight book till he ceases breathing when he comes on with this outrageous stuff.... but still, come on.

Scooby doesn't make any sense. He even says as much when he says he'd rather "think" with emotion than reason using logic. He "feels" that JW's have the truth. Well, so did all of us. We eventually allowed reason to penetrate our breastplate of stupidity; Scooby seems exceptionally committed to not allowing that to happen. But his resistance to reason is only remarkable in that he associates here; kingdom halls are full of people just as committed to seeing, hearing, and speaking no criticism of the Brooklyn Idol, the vaunted "organization".

On this db, we have a lady who hears God's voice in King James english and then relays those words to us, we have a cross-dressing not-long-ago homeless man who believes himself to be the return of Jesus Christ, we have the occasional pathological liar who creates entire families of personalities (complete with deaths and divorces etc) out of whole cloth (and then attempts, often successfully, to engage other posters in relationships with his/her created characters), we have a moderator staff who thinks that's ok . Is a gay, slacker jw who isn't willing or able to critically examine JW doctrine really beyond belief?

• wednesday
    wednesday

not when u put it that way , sixty..maybe i'll hit myself a few times wikth that insight book, lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit