Back from the Memorial......Special Announcement at the end....

by ScoobySnax 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

Seems like a waste to me but to each their own I guess. I for one know that I could never go back, like trying to put clothes on that don't fit anymore, an impossibilty. Even if I could go back and the slate was wiped clean and no one prejudged me for not going in three years and I was totally exonerated with all my "prestige" back, it still wouldn't matter. I wouldn't last longer that the first meeting before I told someone off and I would be right back to where I am now which is a good place.

Seems silly that you had to get all dressed up and worry about what other people were wearing, I know dressing up is the standard but why can't people just come as they are. I remember trying to get my Bible students to come to the memorial and then worrying about what they were going to wear, no wonder no one ever came. Well, atleast you had a good time.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Wednesday,

I'd love to give you a really complex answer, but I can't. I will go to the meeting next Sunday and take my equally inactive mum as we both want to go, maybe my sister will come to.

What prevents me from fully from embracing them again? Oh I don't know. I think its maybe laziness on my part, Its so much my easier being inactive. What about if they find out about me? what I've been up to/am up to?....what about if being the way I am, if I commit again and then fall again? I feel that would be disrespectful. The first time I slept with a bloke I stayed away from the meetings, I didn't want to bring disrespect on Jehovahs name. So I faded, and I bet quicker than anyone did here. Having said that, I suppose you can see......its really laziness on my part. I just think that if I went back, it would have to be whole-souled, and I'm not sure I have that strength just yet.

To tell me that I don't have to confess everything just doesn't ring true with me, if I did go back I'd want to have a clear name before Jehovah.

I hope that makes sense.

Scoob

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Amazing, Please understand why I get annoyed when people such as yourself tell me that one day I will have a "Serious Crisis of faith" ....like I'm some dimwit who hasn't been through the mill too. You can stick with HS in your views, but please don't try to box me into mine.

Atilla.... All that nonscense about being amazed and disgusted that there were better looking blokes than me in their suits was really tongue in cheek....could you not see that? If you honestly feel that you could never go back then I respect you for your honesty.

Scoob

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

I missed my second memorial and it felt great

• Atilla
    Atilla

Scoob

I realized you are probably not concerned with your dress and the dress of others, but I was mostly thinking about dress in general and how it can play a role in meeting attendence and how people view themselves in the congregation.

Now, were you serious about spending hours in reading WT literature? More power to you if you can.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    The first time I slept with a bloke I stayed away from the meetings, I didn't want to bring disrespect on Jehovahs name.

If I understand you correctly, you still think the JWs are 'the truth' and it is your fault that you are unable to meet their standards.

I am sincerely curious, then (I'm incurably nosey), what you think about the rest of us? Oh, I'm sure you would say you won't be judgemental, but that's not exactly what I mean...

If you really believe 'to each his own' (ie-those of us who are wayyy not JW anymore and even actively working to expose their faults are not 'sinning against Jehovah') then how do you reconcile that with the JW belief that we are all under Satan's dominion and tagged for demolition? I guess I see believing the JW as something that's 'all or nothing' including believing that people who don't believe the JWs are wrong and that those of us who speak out against the WT are evil apostates.

I'm not attacking you I just don't get to talk to people in your situation very often and I'd love to hear your answer. I suppose it sounds like a loaded question but again I'm just nosey.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I find you a very hypocritical person (sorry if I offend)

but you really puzzle me ??????

you admitted you're gay, you come on this board as I would classify "very regularly"

both highly df'ing things ......

and then always tell us how wonderful JW's are , and how much you miss it, and how wonderful the memorial was, and how packed the kingdom hall is, personally i could care less, how packed the hall is.

How do people sleep at night KNOWINGLY misleading people on a daily basis as the WATCHTOWER does. And using Christ's death to do it even more !!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't want to get into a vicious verbal war with anyone, but please decide what YOU want to do, If its so great, then change your ways and become a district overseer/bethel server/ elder/ leader in the congregation/governing body member/ maybe even annoited class stature, give your heart into it for the next 40 years if its so wonderful.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Well Mr Nosey!!!

Bottom line.... Yes I think you are stuffed here, and me too. Bet I burn quicker too, or disappear down that earthquake crack quicker. You know the JW take on it as well as I do. Don't try to be clever!

.....You evil apostate.

lol

Scoob

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    What about if they find out about me?

i'm sorry scoob, that is truly pathetic.

you must come to terms with who you are and where you want to go. what people think or find out should never matter.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    .....You evil apostate.

lol

that i am, cannot argue it, lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit