Back from the Memorial......Special Announcement at the end....

by ScoobySnax 91 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    but simply put, your experience with JW's is unusual

Well....I know sixer and scoob aren't love birds at the moment.......but I honestly feel the same way as the above statement. How does anyone continue in something they have been shown is flawed and destructive? How? Why do they continue? What could motivate a person to pursue a way of life even though they can see the fallacy in it?

I know of one who are afraid to begin to examine something that might change their mind.....and out of fear they choose not to "look". Scooby has looked, and seen, and saw, the problems this organisation has caused.....and still feels good about it. Why? I'm not labeling your worth scoob, I just frickin don't understand where you come from on this........or anyone else who does the same.

Gumby

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Scooby (sorry haven't read all the posts). But really, if you felt so good there, "felt the love," why not continue with it? Immerse yourself in it. Don't spend too much time on these boards, since it will just detract you from your own personal reality. If you're happy, go for it! This board is generally frequented by people who have had horrible experiences with it and the people, been treated abominably by the "friends" and family, who see it as a CULT, a lie, and a very unhealthy organization.

If YOU find it so appealing, go for it. Everyone has their own personal needs.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I can't imagine why one would be so tantalized in watching emblems being passed around that only one or two partake and in some instances no one. But to each his own.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Thanks for all your replies (even Six's!!) and for the kind PMs from a few.

Now what was we talking about again.....Oh Yes the Memorial!.......

Gumby.....I can't work some people out either sometimes!

Poztate.... lol....a bit longer yet till yet get "squisshed"

All the best

Scooby

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby.....I can't work some people out either sometimes!

Scoob.........you could have said a tad more about that

If you truely believe that the organisation is fully governed by Jehovah.......then you must believe that being here is forbidden by them to the point of disfellowshipping you if they knew you frequented this place. Do you believe you are wrong to be here? If not.....how can you say you agree with the society?

Do you disagree with them in some ways? If you say yes, then it seems you would have to question their authority from god.

I didn't mean to get this deep with you in this but it happened anyway. If you don't care to respond.....that's OK. At least consider why others are confused over this issue.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

What a fascinating thread.

Six:

We eventually allowed reason to penetrate our breastplate of stupidity;

You crack me up, dude!
    Keep on telling it as you see it!

Englishman:Normally I'm pretty much in agreement with the stuff you write, but you've done a good number on alienating all the churchgoing exJW's here. Thanks, Mike

Scooby:
    I'm glad you enjoyed the opportunity to don a new set of threads, and run the gauntlet catwalk in a lovebombing a fine spiritually upbuiding Christ rejection ceremony occasion.

So, genuinely, what did you get out of it? Beyond warm fuzzies at seeing some folks you knew, and the chance to look reasonably cool in a necktie?

You should try to get to a Fest, sometime. You've every chance of being just as accepted and having a good time, with the bonus that you're unlikely to get frowned at for gay-tendancies (unless you make a pass as ISP - LOL).

• wednesday
    wednesday

yes Scoob,

Gumby makes a point. I guess that is what confuses me too. I realize u are gay and u know that u can never really be a jws and have that lifestyle. I understood u to say u felt guilt, and felt u would "slip up" if u went back. OK i understand all that. but do u not believe what they say about apostates? We are them. We are who they hate. They would not care that u defend them here. If u really believe jws have the truth, then why do u hang out at an apostate site? Not that i want u to leave, i don't . but it does give me pause. I didn't agree with jws for years and was quite vocal about it. But i would never have thought about coming to an apostate site or reading the literature. How do u reconcile that?

• Mulan
    Mulan

What Mike said is a good point, and pretty much how I see things too. Logic wins out I'm afraid.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Damn! I wish I could cut and paste...........

Be back in about an hour.........

(more than happy to continue this thread so long as it and me are not getting on everyones tits, even if I do have to use up my 20 posts)

Laters

Scoob

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Not all of us have "tits" for you to get on, and those who have might just slap ya round the face if you got on them. That having been said, catch ya in the morning

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit