Back from the Memorial......Special Announcement at the end....

by ScoobySnax 91 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

.....Anyone go here?

The Special Announcement read at the end was an invite for any interested ones (tm) to ask if they wanted a Bible Study.....and that a special meeting will be held next Sunday in all the congregations worldwide, and an invite was given for all to attend.

I loved going and was good to see all the brothers and sisters again, the PO who gave the talk made a bee line for me straight after the closing prayer, straight off the platform (I had to stand as there were no seats) and asked to speak to me, and directed me to the back of the hall, I thought here we go......JC convening shortly......but no he said the WT society in London had contacted him as I'd wrote them asking for the magazines, and he would be happy to drop by and had done, but never found me at home. So we arranged a date for him to call next week.

The hall was packed, and from my standing point I had plenty of opportunity to have a scan about, despite being horrified that their were brothers there who were betting looking than even me ( in my newly bought outfit!) I saw yet again a truly great crowd of people.

I was accused here by the forum intellects of speaking from my heart rather than my head on matters recently, I'm happy to be that way, its not really a bad place to be.

If anyone is on Yahoo tonight I'll be happy to chat to you, look me up Srex70200

Scoob

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

That sounds like the usual announcement they make every year. There's always a "special talk" after the Memorial... it's never really special, though, just the usual B.S.

Really, it's kind of funny. The WTS used to try to whip up the R&F's enthusiasm through a variety of "special" releases, announcements, campaigns, etc. Now that the organization is on auto-pilot, they keep doing that, even though they never have anything new to announce. Even the "special talks" are on a regular, yearly schedule.

Anyway, just wanted to add, if you're glad you were there, then I'm glad you went. If there's one thing we all believe in here, that's freedom of choice; and that includes your freedom to go to the KH when you want to.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scooby,

I was accused here by the forum intellects of speaking from my heart rather than my head on matters recently, I'm happy to be that way, its not really a bad place to be.

It was myself who mentioned this. However, I would like to make a few observations based on your comments :

1) You were not 'accused' of speaking from the heart, it was my *observation* based on your numerous emotive reactions on this Board when dealing with matters best dealt with intellectually. Your reaction is typically based purely on your customary emotional reaction and childish petulance when somebody disagrees with you.

2) I do not perceive myself as an intellectual, nor do I try to project myself as such, though I hasten to add that though meant as an insult it has the opposite effect on me. Thank you.

3) Thinking with your heart is not just a bad place to be, it is a dangerous place to be when dealing with serious issues.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the Memorial. It is an emotional time, and I can well see why you were so easily bent into a WTS shape by attending it, given that you do by your own admission, think with your heart.

Best regards - HS

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I'm glad I didn't go. I stayed home and watched Green Acres on TVLand.

Devon

• blondie
    blondie

As we said, no special announcement, just the same thing about a bible study for the visitors and a "special" talk. Even active JWs know that is no longer "special" except that the same public talk outline will be used in the same week.

Large numbers gathered together are not proof of God's backing or approval.

2 Kings 10:18-25 (NWT)

Further, Je´hu collected all the people together and said to them: "A´hab, on the one hand, worshiped Ba´al a little. Je´hu, on the other hand, will worship him a great deal. 19 So now call all the prophets of Ba´al, all his worshipers and all his priests to me. Do not let a single one be missing, because I have a great sacrifice for Ba´al. Anyone that is missing will not keep living." As for Je´hu, he acted slyly, for the purpose of destroying the worshipers of Ba´al. 20 And Je´hu went on to say: "Sanctify a solemn assembly for Ba´al." Accordingly they proclaimed it. 21 After that Je´hu sent through all Israel, so that all the worshipers of Ba´al came in. And not a single one was left over that did not come in. And they kept coming into the house of Ba´al, and the house of Ba´al came to be full from end to end. 22 He now said to the one who was over the wardrobe: "Bring out garments for all the worshipers of Ba´al." So he brought the attire out for them. 23 Then Je´hu entered with Je·hon´a·dab the son of Re´chab into the house of Ba´al. He now said to the worshipers of Ba´al: "Search carefully and see that there may be here with YOU none of the worshipers of Jehovah, but only the worshipers of Ba´al." 24 Finally they came in to render up sacrifices and burnt offerings, and Je´hu himself stationed eighty men outside at his disposal and went on to say: "As for the man that escapes from the men whom I am bringing into YOUR hands, the one?s soul will go for the other?s soul." 25 And it came about that as soon as he finished rendering up the burnt offering, Je´hu immediately said to the runners and the adjutants: "Come in, strike them down! Do not let a single one go out." And the runners and the adjutants began to strike them down with the edge of the sword and to throw them out, and they kept going as far as the city of the house of Ba´al.

Judges 16:23-30 (NWT)

As for the Phi·lis´tine axis lords, they gathered together to sacrifice a great sacrifice to Da´gon their god and for rejoicing, and they kept saying: "Our god has given into our hand Samson our enemy!" 24 When the people got to see him, they at once gave way to praising their god, "because," said they, "our god has given into our hand our enemy and the devastator of our land and the one who multiplied our slain."

And it came about that because their heart was merry, they began to say: "Call Samson that he may offer us some amusement." So they called Samson out of the prison house that he might make sport before them; and they proceeded to stand him between the pillars. 26 Then Samson said to the boy that was holding him by his hand: "Do permit me to feel the pillars upon which the house is firmly established and let me lean against them." 27 (Incidentally, the house was full of men and women and all the Phi·lis´tine axis lords were there; and upon the roof there were about three thousand men and women who were looking on while Samson offered some amusement.)

Samson now called to Jehovah and said: "Sovereign Lord Jehovah, remember me, please, and strengthen me, please, just this once, O you the [true] God, and let me avenge myself upon the Phi·lis´tines with vengeance for one of my two eyes."

With that Samson braced himself against the two middle pillars upon which the house was firmly established, and got a grasp on them, one with his right and the other with his left hand. 30 And Samson proceeded to say: "Let my soul die with the Phi·lis´tines." Then he bent himself with power, and the house went falling upon the axis lords and upon all the people that were in it, so that the dead that he put to death in his own death came to be more than those he had put to death during his lifetime.
  • Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Scooby, I'm not sure if I'm rushing in to an area where angels fear to tread, and I know nothing about the conversation that took place between you and the "intellectuals", but, all I can tell you is that I am an emotional person also.......sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes not. Depends on the situation you are dealing with. I also realize that no one lives a perfect life, nor, makes the right decisions all the time. Life just is and you take it as it comes at you and you do the best you can moment by moment. However, I have to say that one of the things that made me LEAVE the organization was a comment made by a spiritual teacher at that chaotic time in my life.......she quoted Carlos Castenadas who said, and I quote only in part here: "follow your heart"...........I don't think those words have done me wrong, since I am happier than I've ever been in my life. We all have our own decisions and journey in life. It is our life, so, we need to be comfortable with how we are living it. If you still want to go to the KH, then go for it. It would be wrong of any one of us to tell you not to. So, if you are still comfortable with going to the KH, then by all means go!

Hugs,

Terri

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

HS

Whilst I respect your views (and would never want to see them banned) Is there ever a time when someone makes a few random lines that you don't feel the need to pontificate on? Maybe its just this forum, and if so, I apologise as I realise that what I post on this forum is subject to critisism, lets hope you're not like it in real life away from the keyboard.......man you'd need to loosen up if that were the case!

Euph...... Thanks. Freedom of choice is so important.

Blondie..... Are we in "Things you won't hear at the WT study" again,........sorry

Devon.......good for you!..... was it good?

Sunnygal....... Hugs to you too..... many here would benefit from your wisdom, you speak from the head too as well as the heart.

Scott

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Snooby,

I'm glad you enjoyed going to the memorial.

I would love to be able to go to one,, but I'm afraid,,, they would call the police and have me arrested for: tresspassing.

I'm not allowed to visit my daughter and grandaughter, because I am an apostate. So you can see that it is with mixed feelings that I am happy for you.

I guess I'm happy that they haven't shun you and you haven't experienced the pain,, I hope you never will.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Oh, good grief. Get over it already.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Whats that Mulan? "Get over it already" ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit