What does your user name here mean?

by LyinEyes 130 Replies latest jw friends

• Purple
    Purple

Good question. I have often wondered why people pick the nicknames they do. There is no mystery in mine. I love the colour purple and my house has purple everything, I wear heaps of purple and always have purple undies on! Apparently its a stong spiritual colour but heck there is nothing spiritual about me at the moment so there is no conncection there. I have always used purple as a nickname in some form. Its either just straight purple or stuff like purpleice6 at yahoo or happening purple at msn. So its quite simple in my case! There is just not enough purple in the world!

• talesin
  • Mac
    Mac
    And the banker never wears a mac, in the pouring rain. Very strange.

Heather, Are you implying by association that little children laugh behind my back?.....So very cruel! "Out on the wild and windy moors We'd roll and fall in green.........." mac, obscure reference class

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

LA: Because I live in Los Angeles

Big Dawg: Love the Big Dogs clothing line

Dawg: Well, not cause I graduatedfrom UGA, but the street spelling of dog. Many of my friends are ex-gang members, and always called me Big Dawg.

• astro_girl
    astro_girl

I like Astro Boy but since I'm a girl....

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

At the beginning i choose Allinclusive

Maybe one of the "hook" to the organization was being amongst all the people going the same way. To be sure this is not hindering me i first changed my nickname from "allinclusive" as this is a reminder to those "all inclusive" trips to international conventions - which i enjoyed very much.

So i choose "mineralogist", even if i'm not one. (But we all liked to collect stones sometimes, right?)

We inherited some minerals from Grandma and some day i'd like to dig into this theme and get some knowledge about it.

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

Fraidycat9? Because fraidycats1-8 had already been taken when I attempted to create an email account many moons ago.

• frogit
    frogit

nothing just a user name...

frogit

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

we picked ours because,

there are 2 of us

we have Escaped the borg intact with our two boys, and

we were Lifers: born into it, and did the whole MS married Pioneer song and dance ( unfortunately this also meant that we made all Life decisions based on their b*llsh*t.)

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

By the way, we've also wondered about everyone's user name. Great thread!!! Hi y'all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit