What does your user name here mean?

by LyinEyes 130 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Wow,,,,,,,,,everyone's name means something to them.....something very special, maybe something you have been called since a kid. Maybe it is a form of expression of your freedom from the borg.....maybe your name was given to you by someone eles. Maybe some of us were just destined to have our users names for whatever reason, like the person who tried many tried many names and one just clicked and was accepted.....Yet, in time it seemed to fit just perfectly.

Thanks for sharing your stories behind the names..........I think we all know each other a little better just by knowing what the user names mean. Hugs to all of you, love ya .........LyinEyes/Dede

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Dede,

I used to feel like the song Lyin' Eyes when I was married to my ex husband who was raised a dub.

By the way, my dad calls your screen name or username your moniker.

Main Entry: mon·i·ker
    Variant(s): also mon.ick.er /'mä-ni-k&r/
    Function: noun
    Etymology: probably from Shelta (language of Irish itinerants) munnik, modification of Irish ainm
    Date: 1851
    : NAME, NICKNAME

FlyingHighNow

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Mine is my SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) persona name. It's 9th century (pagan) Norse.

• Mac
    Mac
    What does your user name here mean?

I just needed something I could spell........

mac

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

And the banker never wears a mac, in the pouring rain. Very strange.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Aunthill - I love it! That's a great little "picture" in my mind now. I'll remember that and smile to myself when I see them now.

• Panda
    Panda

Panda just suits me fine.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Uh, means me!

Actually there's a reason for me using my real name. When I started debating JW's on the Internet several years ago (alas, no more JW's want to play anymore), I used my real name so none of them could claim I wasn't being honest about who I was. And while they were afraid (in most cases) to use their real name, this was my way of showing them (psychologically) that I wasn?t afraid of them knowing who I was. It kind of unnerved them a little. Anyway, I?ve just kept with using my real name out of habit now.

Of course I could have made up the name, but who would make up a name as boring as mine? Smile.

Steve Lowry (one without a handle)

• dustyb
    dustyb

i used to hate everyone calling me dusty (my name is dustin if anyone couldn't catch it ;) ) and b is the initial for my last name. dustyb =D and its easy to type.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I thought it was because you was dusting. Sherm sticks style

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit