What does your user name here mean?

by LyinEyes 130 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I don't know what eles to call it , I guess it is the user name....lol.......so what does yours mean?

I think awhile back I might have asked this,,,,,,,but it was way back and so many new ones here that I am just getting to know, and ones who came in here while I was not here as much.

There may be a thread on this in the last recent months, I am not sure,,,,if so, if there are any new ones who want to tell why they choose their user names,,,,,please do.

I will tell you why my name is LyinEyes,,,,,many have asked me that here lately.

When I was a little girl , I loved the Eagles and I loved the song Lyin'Eyes of course. I alway felt like I was trapped in our big ole house , and my dad was the rich old man. Of course the song is talking about something totally different as you know , but to an 8 yr old girl,,,,,,,,it meant something eles to me.

I always felt I could never be who I really was,,,,,,,,I was always the obediant daughter, and hid my true feelings, my pain.

When I first came on JWD, I was not sure if I wanted my name to be on here,,,,,,,Dede, so I picked Lyin'Eyes, because I felt I was living a lie,,,,,,, at the time I was. I was still a JW, still trying to figure out what was truth and learning all about the WT lies.

So in away I was hiding behind my Lyin'Eyes........lol.

Funny thou,,,,who I was at 8 yrs old, who I was as a JW, and who I am today, and I quote from the song by the Eagles ,,,,,," I am still the same ole girl I used to be".

• Funchback
    Funchback

Mine means: "Man who isn't sexy, trying to BE sexy."

Seriously, mine is a combo of my last name and the word "back".

• Valis
    Valis

Vast Active Living Intelligence System.

Known as science fiction only for lack of a better category, "Valis" takes place in our world and may even be semi-autobiographical. It is a fool's search for God, who turns out to be a virus, a joke, and a mental hologram transmitted from an orbiting satellite.

The proponent of the novel, Horselover Fat, is thrust into a theological quest when he receives communion in a burst of pink laser light. From the cancer ward of a bay area hospital to the ranch of a fraudulent charismatic religious figure who turns out to have a direct com link with God, Dick leads us down the twisted paths of Gnostic belief, mixed with his own bizarre and compelling philosophy. Truly an eye opening look at the nature of consciousness and divinity.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Ubik" class

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I always wondered what everyones avatar was or means.. But thats a different thread..

Mine is my first name. Sometimes people misspell it. Thats kinda a peeve for me.

• Carmel
    Carmel

From the mountain side I was living on when I discovered JWD.

carmel

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

In the Toaripi language of Papua New Guinea, my user name means "Why?"

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Simple. I am in the country, and I am a girl. Heh.

Valis: I can kind of relate to your "proponent." I am a fat horse lover, and a fat horse lover, as evidenced by below:

CG

• Valis
    Valis
    In the Toaripi language of Papua New Guinea, my user name means "Why?"

I ask that about you all the time Leo...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

Wallflower comes from a combination of too much beer and a stupid joke I was told the day I joined the forum.

(No offense to Native Americans)

A liittle red indian boy asks his father where the names of his brothers and sisters come from. His father says "When your eldest brother was born, I was so happy I rushed out of the teepee. I was singing and dancing with joy and the first thing I saw was an eagle, gliding high in the sky. It was so beautiful, I called your brother Soaring Eagle."

"What about my sister, father." the little boy asked.

"When your sister was born I again was overcome with joy and burst out of the teepee singing and dancing. The first thing I saw was a deer frollicking. So I called your sister Dancing Deer, because it was the first thing I saw."

The chief smiled and looked down lovingly at his son and said "You understand now Heep Big Buffalo Turd?"

The first thing I saw out the window was a Wallfower.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Elsewhere

People have always considered me to be a bit "odd" or "strange". Elsewhere just describes where my mind is most of the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit