To the people of Spain

by Amazing1914 117 Replies latest social current

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

This terrible event in your land saddens us all ... I am sorry that those responsible are likely doing this to get revenge upon your nation for its support of the United Kingdom, the USA and other coalition of nations devoted to the war on terror ... you and your loved ones killed so tragically are in our thoughts and prayers ... your natioin is honored among us all ... and may you heal from this as quickly as possible.

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

this terrible event moved me to tears as i watched the news broadcasts. what hope is there to offer these people, the victims and their families? will the war on terror really be won?

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hi Pete,

" ... will the war on terror really be won?"

I think in time it will, because the energy it takes to remain angry, to keep up the hate ... it can't last forever ... and the style of suicide-homicide bombings will deplete the number of these haters ... whereas good people can take suffering and out last them in the long term ... but I think that it will be a very long time, many years ... perhaps decades before we see an end to this ... unless several nations get together and simply seize conrol of the mid-east ... which may be necessary.

Amazing

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

I guess one has to keep on believing. But wherever we pit our faith one must always have a nagging doubt as to will it ever be justified/satisfied.

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe if the nations simply stop jerking around with people's lives things will get better.

Perhaps if someone seizes control of the USA and makes it behave, things will get better.

Stop assuming that America is gods blessed land, you are his chosen people and you even have a clue what the answers are, never mind what your contribution to the problem is.

Your "solution" of seizing control is exactly why we have the mess we have now.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Maybe if the nations simply stop jerking around with people's lives things will get better.

Maybe if Al Qeada stopped jerking around with people's lives things might get better too.

Perhaps if someone seizes control of the USA and makes it behave, things will get better.

World powers don't behave. They never have, never will. They don't need to behave.

Stop assuming that America is gods blessed land, you are his chosen people and you even have a clue what the answers are, never mind what your contribution to the problem is.

I think that you are doing a lot of assuming here, much more in fact than most Americans.

Your "solution" of seizing control is exactly why we have the mess we have now.

I just hope and pray that the US and UK see this through to the end and don't cave in under pressure. Englishman.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**This terrible event in your land saddens us all ... **

Thank you {{{{Jim}}}} for the thoughts we all feel. No matter WHAT "land" we may call home, we still share the common bond of sorrow.....

hugs,

Annie

• AlanB
    AlanB
    I think in time it will, because the energy it takes to remain angry, to keep up the hate ... it can't last forever ...

I did not want to use this thread to get the point over, as I have the utmost empathy for the Spanish people. However I agree with Simon, we must stop fuelling the hate.

My message for the terrorists is, dont bomb us..... we are the victims here also, perhaps we can vote our government out without you having to kill us.

• Xena
    Xena

Excuse me? Just what exactly are you advocating there?

You don't like my counties politics at this time (which incidently mirrors your own countries politics) fine, but your comments were over the top and in extremely bad taste right after the bombing in Spain.

• shotgun
    shotgun

The letter supplied by Al Qeada mentioned this is also in retaliation for land stolen from them in the 14th century in Southern Spain and also for the Crusades...

If you start exacting revenge for things centuries old their is no hope of peace with these groups ever!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit