To the people of Spain

by Amazing1914 117 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    You don't like my counties politics at this time (which incidently mirrors your own countries politics) fine, but your comments were over the top and in extremely bad taste right after the bombing in Spain.

Rubbish. I can't stand the "fake" sympathy for the Spanish that is instantly replaced with name calling when they decide they don't want to support YOUR cause. No doubt something Spanish will be renamed like "Freedom Fries" ... not that you are petty or anything of course

I don't like your countries politics and, you know what? Neither do most people. That includes your allies. People do not have great confidence or trust in the US.

Something to think about and quite an amazing thing your guy has achieved - in a couple of years he has pissed away all the sympathy of Sep 11 to the point where most people do not like or trust the US. Great job huh?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3518412.stm

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Thank you Simon. I can safely say that I totally agree with ya.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I try to stay out of these threads but I simply cannot this time.

You don't like my counties politics at this time (which incidently mirrors your own countries politics) fine, but your comments were over the top and in extremely bad taste right after the bombing in Spain.

Rubbish. I can't stand the "fake" sympathy for the Spanish that is instantly replaced with name calling when they decide they don't want to support YOUR cause. No doubt something Spanish will be renamed like "Freedom Fries" ... not that you are petty or anything of course

Who the h*ll are you Simon to tell Xena that her sympathy towards the Spanish is fake?!?!?! You go on to talk about renaming something spanish to "freedom fries" or something to that effect.... I wasnt aware she had absolutly anything to do with it!

What was it that she said that sounded so fake to you?

Can you not tell that people here are sick and tired of you beating a dead horse??? Do you have to get personal now with your american users?!?!? Especially one who has been here as long and contributed as much as Xena? Believe me... WE KNOW how you feel towards us merikans, our countries policies and our current president. We know because you have made it exhaustably (sic) clear over and over and over again.

Dont go pointing fingers Simon cuz your country has had it share of screw ups and still does. The UK is not any better than the US.

Kansas District Overbeer

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

The first thing I did when I heard was call all my friends working in Madrid. Spain is a wonderful country full of the friendliest people in the world and this mindless violence is heart breaking

Simon, it goes without saying that I completely agree with you

• Simon
    Simon
    Who the h*ll are you Simon to tell Xena that her sympathy towards the Spanish is fake?!?!?! You go on to talk about renaming something spanish to "freedom fries" or something to that effect.... I wasnt aware she had absolutly anything to do with it!

I was talking generally. I have seen a lot of sympathy and "we're right behind you" and then it instantly evaporates and becomes animosity when the Spanish decide that they don't want to back the US foreign policy that the majority of Spaniards never backed in the first place.

That stinks.

Do you have to get personal now with your american users?!?!?

Only if they talk bollocks

Especially one who has been here as long and contributed as much as Xena?

What has that got to do with the price of eggs?

Believe me... WE KNOW how you feel towards us merikans, our countries policies and our current president. We know because you have made it exhaustably (sic) clear over and over and over again.

WRONG. You included "Americans" with "policies and president". Please don't start with the pathetic "ooh, you're anti-American" clap-trap just because I voice my objection to misguided, ineffectual and dangerous policies.

Dont go pointing fingers Simon cuz your country has had it share of screw ups and still does. The UK is not any better than the US.

So what? See the trick is to take it on the chin and say "yup, you're right ... my country can mess it up with the best of 'em". Kind of deflates you argument doesn't it?

Where have I claimed that the UK is better than the US or hasn't messed things up? If I did claim such things then I would expect ridicule and someone to put me right. You should expect the same.

• Xena
    Xena

I prefer my "fake" sympathy to your seeminly callous disregard of innocent lives....Spanish and American. And what appears to be your "hope" that something like that happens here to shake "us" up. Apparently it's ok to kill innocent people if it advances your politics.

lol no you don't claim your country is better...you never mention it in your little tantrums about the war, you seem to forget their part in it.....how convenient.

PS if you don't want me to make the same kind of ASSumptions about your posts as you did about mine...perhaps you should be more specific that it is the American Government and not the American PEOPLE in general you are referring to.....

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Xena, that's the whole point Simon is making. He's not saying that America is wrong, he's saying that the things done in your name by your government are wrong. The things done in my name by my government are just as wrong. Remember that Britain ran the world for quite a long time before the US became a world power, admittedly we did it with more panache than you but we made a whole realm of mistakes along the way and acted in callous disregard for the rights of indigenous people.

• Xena
    Xena

Lets break his post down shall we then Satans Little Helper, k?

Maybe if the nations simply stop jerking around with people's lives things will get better.

I can see the point of that statement...no issues there.

Perhaps if someone seizes control of the USA and makes it behave, things will get better
    That I have an issues with. Change was brought about in Spain due in part (how much a part if played is still open for debate but the bombing did play a part in the change in government) to a bombing that killed and injured hundreds of innocent people. Is that what Simon thinks the American's need? Considering the context of this thread that is what one might be lead to believe....so tell me...how should I feel about that? Should I be "ok" that he is appears to be cool with someone seizing control of my country thru any means so his version of politics can be advanced?

Stop assuming that America is gods blessed land, you are his chosen people and you even have a clue what the answers are, never mind what your contribution to the problem is.

Who is he addressing here? All that Americans? Looks that way to me....lol he berates us for having assumptions when he is making an assumption about our entire country and all the people in it due to his limited world view. I don't see him saying "government in power", do you?

Your "solution" of seizing control is exactly why we have the mess we have now.

Again who is addressed here? To the gentle reader "your" would mean YOU...ergo ME the American reader. Of course the actuality is...BOTH our governments were involved in the "seizing control" we see that has contributed to the mess we now appear to be in...wouldn't you say?

I will repeat my words....I found his post in very bad taste.

• Golf
    Golf

SLH, right on about indigenous people. They screwed them when they first landed and they're still screwing them. I'm referring to the 'greedy' ones.

How many of the over three hunded treaties did the Europeans keep with the indigenous peoples?

The Church never considered them 'humans' unless these poor ignorant savages were baptized!

It's always a different story when the shoe is on the other foot. As they say, when your pointing fingers, always look at the three pointing back at you.

Guest 77

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    Stop assuming that America is gods blessed land, you are his chosen people and you even have a clue what the answers are, never mind what your contribution to the problem is.

This is exactly the same type of mentality that has continued to fan the flames of violence in the Middle East, between Israel and Palestine.

I'm an American. I Do NOT believe it is God's Blessed Land. I do NOT support the President. I do not have "fake" sympathy for Spain. A big part of my heart stays with Spain. Especially since not 3 weeks ago, I was there, at teh very train station of teh bombings. At Plaza de Colon, the site of the massive protests. It was unfair to make those comments to Xena.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again that Politics causes the deaths of soooo many innocent people. Whether they're American, or Spanish, or English, or Iraqis. A blanket statement about Americans is completely uncalled for. I've been around the world. I've witnessed other countries disdain for Americans, and it saddens me. I cant wait for the November elections and this "figure head' we call Bush to be gone.

I cant help where I was born, or who my parents were. Even though I voted against him, I have no control over his actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit