To the people of Spain

by Amazing1914 117 Replies latest social current

• donkey
    donkey

The basis of the Iraq war was pure BS.

That being the case the world is better off without Sadam in power. I wish we could repeat it for many other counties but the sniffling leftists will cry too much if we did that. It amazes me how they are always at the forefront crying for human rights and yet when human rights are improved by the removal of a dictatorial sbastard they cry foul. The end result is good, the propaganda for going is based on lies - now we just have to figure out who told them.

Leftists: If the bad bad USA had achieved the same result but said it was to remove a dictator would that be OK?

• core
    core

Peace & Security - well I for one feel as much threatened by George Bush as I ever was by Saddam Hussain - Al Qaeda had no part in Iraq - just reading about the carve up of territory after WW1 (Treaty of Versaile) and we are reaping the price of that interference by Imperial powers (especially American)

Spanish People deserve sympathy for the atrocity of recent days - they have done nothing to deserve this (who has?) By voting to elect a Government that does not grovel at the feet of the USA they are accused of appeasement ? Can they only vote one way? If the British vote Conservative (against Blair) are we also appeasers? America should look to itself and sort out a democratic government in its elections and not interfere in every other states affairs.

• donkey
    donkey

I never ever felt threatened by Iraq either - its just great to have one less jerk in power..

• donkey
    donkey
    America should look to itself and sort out a democratic government in its elections and not interfere in every other states affairs.

Does that include putting away the American checkbook?

As far as the British folk criticising the USA...it's awfully rich coming from "the empire where the sun never sets".

• franklin J
    franklin J

ROFLMAO......come on guys,

You are all acting like children squabbling over a game of marbles; flaming up over things NONE of us who post here have ANY control over....

This is an INTERNATIONAL forum, all of us come here to support each other in our retreat from the Watchtower. That alone should transcend all other issues here.

Are we now giving the WT lurkers and spies some satisfaction?

If we MUST criticize International politics and policies( wrong thread, and forum, I might add) let us do it with some respect; decorum; and professionalism.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Thank you Franklin J. Well put.

Bryan

• Simon
    Simon

Xena

There are more posts on the subject than were posted on this one topic. Lots on others were rediculing and belittling the Spanish people's democratic right to elect who THEY want to carry out THEIR opinion and not simply follow what the USA wanted.

Don't be so pedantic

Re: the British empire - anyone can say what they want about it as long as it is correct.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""I was replying to the suggestion that the USA should seize control of the middle east. This is exactly the sort of thinking that IMO has got us in the mess we are now and the kind of action that ultimately leads to Sep 11 type events.""

The world is a dangerous place today because too many people sat and did nothing from 1993 on. Too many people did nothing or cut and ran. Ever heard of Somalia? Nations, such as Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and others have been victimized by these thugs, though not actively supporting the US with Iraq.

The fact is, some here want to appease the terrorists. They don't want to confront them. They think they can get along with them. The United Nations is the outpost to make all this magic come true.

If you want terrorists running the show, then Simon is right. Do nothing.

• aunthill
    aunthill

Well said ThiChi. Bullies of any sort must be confronted and beaten at their own game.

I feel great sympathy for the Spanish people. Their tragedy was not on the scale of 9/11 (not to minimize it), but a shocking tragedy none the less.

Simon, I hope the UK never experiences anything along the lines of 9/11 or 3/11. Unfortunately, appeasers only make it more likely that these scumbag criminals will use their methods more and more often.

• Xena
    Xena

We are in this thread Simon...I don't read every thread..lol I'm not a mod so I don't have to. If you want to refer to other threads and posters not in this thread it would help if you would provide a frame of reference, otherwise how is one to know???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit