To the people of Spain

by Amazing1914 117 Replies latest social current

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

p.s. Amazing 1914........ thank you for such a beautiful post. I'm sorry it gotso tarnished. I'm not one for prayer, but I have been keeping many happy, positive thoughts for my friends in Madrid

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

I didn't mean to start a fight thread ... I truly feel bad for what happened in Madrid, Spain. The people who did this to them are murderers. I don't blame the new Spanish leader for wanting to pull out of Iraq ... that is a choice they must make ... Spain already had a lot of bad blood with Islamic peoples long before the USA came to power ... And now, there are open sentiments among many radical Islamics to retake Spain as something belonging to them ... I would hate to see this ... I just wish there was a way for every nation to get along. - Amazing

• donkey
    donkey
    I just wish there was a way for every nation to get along

I can agree with that sentiment in principle....BUT if a nation like Afghanistan, Iraq or Zimbabwe is suppressing the common people due to brutal dictatorships then I do not want my country's leaders to get along with the other country's leaders. Oust the jerks and then get along with the innocent people who are always abused.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

You make a good point Donkey. They shouldnt get along with those leaders. They should mind their own business. Unless of course that country has something very important that we NEED to get involved and oust them. Like say oil for instance? *noted sarcasm*

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Amen. (Reply to Amazing1914's top post)

• donkey
    donkey

Chevy - it is easy for westerners who have never lived under oppression to get all self righteous (they don't have much else to do). Once you have lived under an oppressive regime you might change your views. Until then enjoy the educated ignorance.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    Until then enjoy the educated ignorance

Dually noted. I have a question......... The United States tries to take a "diplomatic savior" type position regarding opressed countries. Have you been to any part of Mexico outside of the tourist spots? There is extreme poverty, a crooked government and law inforcement, and a president who hasnt made much of an attempt to better the lives of his citizens. Women are constantly brutalized. Hundreds of raped and mutilated woman's body's are found. Violence and crime and poverty runs rampant. The President kisses the U.S. ass, and they have no real rich export to offer us.

Why then hasnt the United States stepped in to rectify this situation, and "liberate" the Mexican people? There is no personal vendetas.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I love it, all you hand-wringing effete European snobs carry on with your condescension and condemnation secure in the knowledge that the US will bail your sorry ass out when necessary.

• donkey
    donkey
    and a president who hasnt made much of an attempt to better the lives of his citizens

Would you prefer the US to take an all or nothing approach? I wouldn't mind a nothing approach - stop sending my money away (yes to Israel too). On the other hand there are countries with much greater oppression than Mexico who need to have their leaders ousted and/or shot first...

Forgive me if I come across as strong on this subject but I have strong feelings for painful personal reasons. anyone who thinks dictators should be allowed to remain in power has his head shoved far up his arse...or should have it shoved there anyway. I have had family members killed under these types of regimes and I am getting tired of watching the do-gooders who do nothing except want to talk crap about it. I avoided these threads for a long time but I got tired of the leftist views of people who do NOTHING except complain no matter what happens.

• talesin
    talesin

Amazing 1914

I'm really saddened by the recent attack in Spain. I have always thought a bombing would be one of the most horrific and traumatizing experiences a city could ever have. Just watching 9/11 on TV was enough to give me nightmares.

Spain looks to be a beautiful country, one which I hope to visit some day.

Thank you for starting this thread so we can all take a moment to think of the victims of this violence, and send them strength and healing energy.

CHEVYSNTATS

I hope you enjoy your 3 weeks in Spain, it must be wonderful to work in a job that allows you to travel to such beautiful places.

peace love & happiness

talesin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit