To the people of Spain

by Amazing1914 117 Replies latest social current

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""Simon, I hope the UK never experiences anything along the lines of 9/11 or 3/11. Unfortunately, appeasers only make it more likely that these scumbag criminals will use their methods more and more often.""

Good point!

Hitler was a good example of why appeasement won?t work.

• aunthill
    aunthill

Exactly my thought, ThiChi!

• roybatty
    roybatty
    If you think going to war makes you more secure against terrorist then you need to think again. War only works against countries and helps to channel money to Bush's pals.

Hey - I'm still waiting for the cheaper gas prices you promised. I thought you said Bush was going to war with Iraq for their oil. Dam, gas is over $2.00 a gallon now and this summer it's suppose to be over $3.00 a gallon. Dammit, I want Bush to invade Mexico, Russia and Saudi Arabia next and get those oil prices down. It's killing me every time I fill up my SUV.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Let the USA go isolationist like before the 2nd world war -- then lets see what happens -

Just look at how Britain got bullied by the Chinese over Hong Kong. In the next 10 years or so when China really starts flexing it's muscle (invasion of Taiwan, bullying Japan, taking land from Russia, etc) see who the UN will turn to.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    The world is a dangerous place today because too many people sat and did nothing from 1993 on. Too many people did nothing or cut and ran. Ever heard of Somalia? Nations, such as Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and others have been victimized by these thugs, though not actively supporting the US with Iraq.

The fact is, some here want to appease the terrorists. They don't want to confront them. They think they can get along with them. The United Nations is the outpost to make all this magic come true.

If you want terrorists running the show, then Simon is right. Do nothing.

Actually, you can't totally blame Clinton on this one. It started when Regan was in office back in the early '80s. When the Marines stationed in Lebonnon where bombed, that's when the war began. America just didn't know it. Also in the early 80's, China began selling nuke secrets to Pakistan and other nations.

The "old" rules of war don't apply. Too bad not everyone is going to realize this until it is too late.

• roybatty
    roybatty

I wonder what Neville Chamberlain would do if he were the Prime Minister of the UK today. Probably would have asked Saddam if there was anything he could get from him from Britain before he left for Bagdad.

• Simon
    Simon

No one is appeasing terrorists. Spain is not appeasing terrorists.

IRAQ HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH TERRORISTS !!

One of the Iraqi's main complaints is that since the USA has gone there, they have been the subject of terrorist attacks.

What Spain wants to do is try something that works because I have to tell you, your plan sucks big time if it's supposed to bring security.

If it's designed to take control of oil and sell arms it's a good plan though.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    One of the Iraqi's main complaints is that since the USA has gone there, they have been the subject of terrorist attacks.

What Spain wants to do is try something that works because I have to tell you, your plan sucks big time if it's supposed to bring security.

Simon, what exactly did you expect would happen in Iraq within the first year? That the thugs who became rich and powerful while Saddam was in power would just leave? With a country that filled to the brim with weapons, it shocks me that hundreds of Iraqis aren't killed on a daily bases. They say that less then 1% of the countries population is causing trouble. That's still a few thousand You don't think progress is being made? Which story tops BBC World News, 1) A bomb at a locally owed hotel in Bagdad that kills 27 people or 2) that the American Army has re-built schools, hospitals and re-tained the Iraqi police?

A few days ago I was watching FOX and Gerldo Riveria was giving a report from Iraq. I don't think he's a Bush backer but I was amazed at the story. It wasn't about a bombing or Saddam, it was about the average Iraqi. I got the impression that as a whole they are glad to get rid of Saddam, they're thankful that the US helped them and that they look forward to soon running their own country.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Where the hell is my cheap gas? And what's with the US turning over power to the Iraqis this summer. My tax dollars went to invading that country and I expect a decent return. I thought we'd be there for at least a decade and suck that sountry dry before we left. Oh , wait, Saddam already did that to the tune of 10 billion (and that was just during the "oil for food" years).

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

I do believe that significant documentation was recovered that clearly connected Al Qaeda and Saddam ... enough to warrant some type of action ... the fair debate is what that action should have been ...

I respect Spain and other nations who may choose to not get involved or who backed off from involvement ... also the USa is not doing this for oil, as it is far easier and cvheaper to buy the oil ... I believe that other more important issues are at stake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit