To the people of Spain

by Amazing1914 117 Replies latest social current

• little witch
    little witch

Of course Six.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Thanks!

Where I do have an issue is with the intelligence of the people who empowered or gave away knowledge that enabled the competitive advantages the USA had to begin with.

Donkey, could you elaborate or give an example of specifically what you are mentioning here?

• donkey
    donkey
    While your ideals are noble and commendable, an altruistic solution will never be played out. What you are advocating is people giving up what they have to give to some "fe'rners" who are different than them. I happen to be one of the folk who will never give up what I have accomplished or own without a fight. I am out for me first and me alone.

Simon's words above are not "altruistic", they are pragmatic. What Simon is advocating is not "I have to lose now so someone else can win", it's win/win.

a label is a label...If you actually read what Simon wrote it might help... (Simon spoke about people in the US giving up some of their standard of living in order to achieve equality). Equality on a financial scale is a pipe dream. Communism tried to mandate it - it failed (see my comments above about the Russian billionaires). You have equal opportunity - and nothing else. Now make of it what you can. Any time spent bitching and complaining about your lot is wasted energy and will get YOU nowhere!!! (I will gladly entertain the bitching and complaining though as I have learned never to underestimate the stupidity of the overall public). I sound like a selfish bastard I know - but that's OK by me.

This stupid selfish (mostly stupid, the selfishness is excusable) idea that someone has lose, or "stay down" for someone else to be "up" is at the heart of what stands in the way of all human progress.

Without knowing yourself first and without being capable of looking after yourself first you cannot look after anyone else. Anything else is is mental masturbation. I don't mind if you call me stupid..i am more thick skinned than most you will find. All I insist is that I have the right to dish it back in spades...

I happen to be one of the folk who will never give up what I have accomplished or own without a fight. I am out for me first and me alone.

Then I don't suppose there will be anyone to mourn if you lose that fight?

I never made a dime on sympathy and never expect to do so either. I don't feel sorry for myself, Six, even though I might have more reason than many to do so. Feeling sorry for yourself will get you depressed and pissed off and make you act irrationally. Self pity is the leading cause of mental death.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Good post Amazing.

on another note,

How about ALL countries lowering their standard of living? That is ALL countries that have a standard of living.

• donkey
    donkey
    How about ALL countries lowering their standard of living? That is ALL countries that have a standard of living.

Why?

Answering for me personally: NEVER.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Exactly my point.

• donkey
    donkey

see it won't work...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Six:

That...idea that someone has lose, or "stay down" for someone else to be "up" is at the heart of what stands in the way of all human progress.

Agreed.
    There is another level, though, which is the idea of community supporting endeavors of "some", in order to improve the collective lot of everyone (though I appreciate that that is not what you are addressing here).

It's those amassing wealth for its own sake, that I take issue with.

Regardless - the Spanish thing was a travesty.
    Hurt added to hurt.
    I agree with Jim's original post to this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit