To the people of Spain

by Amazing1914 117 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, America would not even stop fundraising for the IRA who were bombing the British mainland for many years.

Both towns either side of us were bombed (Manchester & Warrington) which included kids being killed so DONT lecture us about terrorism. I worked in the shop in Warrington opposite the bomb blast.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1563119.stm

America doesn't give a shit about terrorism when it's backing it. It has only taken a dislike to some of it since it's got a bloody nose.

Oklahoma was your wake up call, Sept 11 was your pigeons coming home to roost. Welcome to the world.

Some comments by Irish Americans on the subject:

http://celtic-lyrics.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=389

More info on NORAID:

http://www.megastories.com/ireland/glossary2/noraid.htm

• donkey
    donkey
    Sept 11 was your pigeons coming home to roost

it is easy to infer from this sentence that according to you 9/11 was America's fault or just reward? I appreciate it if you would clarify this for us because I hope this is not what you meant, Simon.

I suppose we should also not talk about things like the holocaust since the British have been responsible for holocausts and concentration camps of their own and the British therefore know all about them.

Simon, these subjects play close to peoples emotions. They are polarising and divisive. Please limit them on the board for all posters. I know I am part of them but I would rather bring them to a head than continue to let people be upset by the other side continuously taking shots...this applies to both sides.

• Simon
    Simon

Well, I've made requests and they get ignored. Why should I even bother?

Why bother too explaining to people who want to misinterpret things?

Tell me, do you think terrorism exists in a vaccum and someone just "decides" one day to become a terrorism? Sure, there may be **odd people** like that but on the whole the conflict is about something.

I don't think it's possible to resolve the conflicts until people look at the reasons for it. Otherwise, we just get a spiralling escallation of violence.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

core they've been manufacturing weapons in Afghanistan and Pakistan's Northwest territories for centuries. Oh, and you might note the weapon of choice for these guys, and it didn't come from the West.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

donkey you should have recognized by now that Simon is an America hater pure and simple, and yes it's all our fault.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Simon is an America hater

Oh please, he's moving here. I've met him here in America, and I wear I saw a tear of respect come out of his eye when a woman with a red white and blue bikini walked by. Or else that was pain from Ang's pinch, lol.

• Xena
    Xena

I don't think he is an US hater...I think he hates US politics at this point in time and he seems to feel that the US president is pretty much to blame for the entire situation. I also think he has a problem articulating that in a way that doesn't make his US posters feel he is also blaming them.

I thought he was moving to Canada, we haven't annexed them yet, have we????

edited to change American to US....cause I KNOW Canada is part of America

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Canada is part of N. America

• Xena
    Xena

that's why I edited my post..but we both KNOW porkchop ment the US smartaxx

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

HI Simon,

As I have followed some of this thread, I am not sure when comments were addressing which person ... but anyway a point you made caught my eye:

but on the whole the conflict is about something.

I agree ... the terrorists did not become terrorists overnight ... they have fed on and developed an everlasting grudge against the west since the time of the Crusades ... when England and other "Christian" nations rose up to take back the Holy Land ... 9/11 is a major historical date going back to the 13th century ... the rise of Islam was bloody as was the rise of Christianity at times ...

The difference is that western Christians have learned to let go of the past ... much of Islam has not ... they resent everyting since the time of the Crusades ... their conflict with Spain ... their conflict with America during the 1800s ... their conflict with Italian and German invasion ... their conflict with the Uk when it controlled the area ... and now their conflict with the USA.

Out of over 2.5 Billion members of Islam, about 10-20% or between 250 million to 500 million hate the west ... they feed on hatred and teach it to their children ... and out of some of those, a million or so, come radical fundamentalist terrorists who kill their own people as well as westerners.

I accept and understand the angst that many in Europe and the UK have against the USA and even against Tony Blair ... I respect the difference in opinion ... and I wish there was a way to find common ground.

I honestly don't know where to find the solution ... for decades all we heard - since before I was a child - was talk-talk-talk ... Israel v Palestine, etc., etc., ... the Un is helpless as were most nations to deal with the tensions with many Islamic factions ... and I guess, since 9/11 the USA snapped ... its government snapped ... it got tired of decades of talk ... and deecided that maybe some military reflex would get everyone's attention ... was it the right thing to do? Opinions vary a lot depending on who you talk to ... I find that Asian people are very supportive of the actions in Afghanistan and Iraq ... and I find Iraqis are largely supportive of being freed as a consequence of US-UK actions to find the elusive WMDs.

I used to feel strongly about all this ... and now, all I can say is that I am pleased for Iraqis that they have an opportunity to enjoy some freedom from a tyrant ... and likewise for the Afghanis ... but beyond that ... I just don't have any simple answers ... all my thoughts get real complicated ...

I just hope that we do not allow these kinds of issues cause too much consternation among us all on the board.

Amazing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit