Amazing is back ... the Wheels of Justice have turned

by Amazing1914 124 Replies latest forum announcements

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Amazing, Sir, it's good to have you back. You're a hero!

Thanks for the info that they're asking for real names of posters here.

Simon and mods, if I may make a suggestion...(and I'm no lawyer but this may be an idea) Would it be helpful if the board rules included one forbidding users from revealing the identities of fellow posters? Something along those lines anyway.

WTBTS, hi guys I know you're reading this, my name is John Hannibal Smith, UAD/NA, Delta Force, Southern Command. Come get me!

Mike.

p.s. Simon or E-Man, would one of you mind contacting me via email? Considering Amazing's info and other circumstances I need to talk to you.

• blondie
    blondie

But Bendrr, once the cat's out of the bag, how do you put it back it. And what will the punishment be? Eternal deletion from JWD and removal of all their posts?

Just wondering....Blondie

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Good points Blondie. But in future cases it could help.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Amazing:

I am sure this was a great feeling of victory for you to be able to stand up to the goons of the Borg. Knowing of your past that you have posted here, I really hope that it helped you personally.

I have grave concern however about your comments about you having to name names - being under oath and all. It seems I am not the only one. You have been working on this moment for a long time. Since you knew what was coming for so long, I can't help but wonder why you would allow yourself, in fact, orchestrate it so that you would be privy to a lot of private information that could seriously hurt other people if revealed.

Last summer there was an active campaign for other abuse survivors to confide their stories and their identities. Readers of the board know who it was that coordinated this. Do you think it wise that someone who knew he was going to be deposed would have access to this very private personal information?

It is my feeling that you owe it to everyone who has confided in you to advise them privately if you were compelled to give out their name or not. People have trusted you and with that trust comes a cost imo. FWIW I would have objected to that entire line of questioning since your knowledge of anonymous screen names online does not affect your qualifications as an expert on JW's and abuse.

A word of caution. In my opinion, you are walking a very close path to that which caused BB so much heartache. 'Pride is before a crash". Take it or leave it but please consider it for the sake of those you are trying to help. Any judge you appear before will be watching closely for it too.

Uzzah

• Valis
    Valis

uzzz...it is then up to us to come forward and not be bullied by them. They don't have the right to invade our privacy or right to free speeech just to keep people quiet. A rather lame attempt to keep thier org clean at our expense. BS IMHO and something I won't stand for. I have nothing to lose that isn't gone already.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Some only came forward because of the confidence they had in the person requesting the information. It is not up to anyone on these forums (or off them) to dictate whether abuse victims come forward or not. Some simply are trying to survive day-to-day. That is all they can do.

To even hear the possibility that their privacy has been compromised is very traumatic to them.

Survivors of abuse are heroic whether they go to the press, sue the society or eek out a happy life for themselves. But we all have to respect what each one is able to do.

I am glad you are in a position where you have nothing to lose. I am almost there myself. Many who filled out the survey last summer do not have that same luxury.

Uzzah

• Valis
    Valis

and I agree with you entirely. AND those who need such privacy should be defended by us and not revealed at all.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

way back on page 2 of this thread Amazing said

I was under sworn oath ... however, I mentioned well known names of published ex-JW authors, because I could recall those names ... being on the spot, I was not able to recall the real names of others ... AND ... I would have not disclosed them, because I would have invoked the need to protect people from being harmed by the Watchtower Society ... since this was a "discovery" deposition ... I would not in any way cause harm.
    I see no reason to believe that anyone's privacy has been breached.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Hi Amazing,

First of all, I think you're doing great work. Great work is scary sometimes, so I appreciate what you're doing. I can't say I'd have the balls to do it. But...

...I am curious. Do we have legal protection by that court when that attorney asks questions about our private lives? Why would he ask that? Of what use is it to them? Is it relevant to the case? Would the judge MAKE you answer that when you KNOW it would hurt the innocent ones? I am concerned for my privacy now too. I'm not pointing fingers, but I do wonder for those that MUST have their privacy protected, you would seem a danger now.

Thanks,

Andi

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Uzzah, Billygoat and others,

I invited and still invite people to step forward ... especially the victims ... but I direct them to the lawyers ... I only know a handful of victims by name ... mostly screen names ... and under no circumstances would I give up any names that require protection ... and as I stated, and was nicely quoted again by LadyLee:

I was under sworn oath ... however, I mentioned well known names of published ex-JW authors, because I could recall those names ... being on the spot, I was not able to recall the real names of others ... AND ... I would have not disclosed them, because I would have invoked the need to protect people from being harmed by the Watchtower Society ... since this was a "discovery" deposition ... I would not in any way cause harm.
    That was, is, and will continue to be my position. I think and hope by now I have earned enough respect and trust that people would not equate me with erractic and fanatical behavour. - Amazing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit