Are Posters Deleted Forever?

by Simon 223 Replies latest forum announcements

• little witch
    little witch

(smacking my crystal ball)

Again, this is not about my relationship with anyone other than Scooby.

The fact that mr and mrs were mentioned in passing is not the point.

• franklin J
    franklin J

Bttt...

I just assumed that deleted posters go to "Gehenna"

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

lw - I got it - thanks.

Valis - I'm suprised you didn't outright accuse him of "trolling" for the other board as you did me!

But I do understand his point. Let's take his & Sheila's exchange for example. Yes, the Marine Corp discussion boards could very well conjure up deep emotion, especially with so many families in

• Valis
    Valis

petty, I don't recall saying such a thing. If I did show me and I'll apologize, because I don't think you are or were...I'm sure we all have people who post other places that we wished could all get along and hang out peacably. I also know personally of the hard feelings many of these situations create. It isn't fun to be in the middle, but as I think your intent is, that to at least try and make it better for as many as possible....Making peace doesn't happen overnight but if we can see the summit then surely we can get there. It just requires cooperation, civility, and a willingness to compromise from the lot of us....Have a good day and if you can't be good then be good at it...eheheh

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Valis - I get your point - if Scooby is going to take on an issue such as this, he should be able & willing to debate the facts & merits of each individual's argument. But I do understand his point. Let's take his & Sheila's exchange for example. Yes, the Marine Corp discussion boards could very well conjure up deep emotion, especially with so many families in hot beds around the world. Betcha dollars to apples arguments erupt over there, and it isn't all hugs, kisses & cuddles. I don't have a link to that board to verify. But, what Scooby is alluding to is a discussion forum for persons who have left an almost mind-controlling cult. People who as Nina pointed out are in conflicts with their own beliefs, hell their own identities. It is to an extent an orange to apple argument. This forum (or these types of forums) are unique from other forums. And Scooby did argue the merits of Sheila's point, and was met with "insults" from other persons.

• little witch
    little witch

Scooby by proxy....how novel

• Valis
    Valis

Well Petty what do you think this board is? Look at the sheer number of people here who get along, share thier experiences, vent about life, make friends, meet each other, lurk, delurk and get welcomed, etc. All very positive stuff IMO. And ya people progress, move on, leave the board, get to feeling better about themselves, sluffing off of guilt, etc..But when one doesn't progress and always comes w/the same business it gets old. As well, IMO, taking him to task does not belie any intollerance towards his lingering issues that he persists on taking out on others. Of course, just my two cents so take it for what its worth.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

LW? Valis - thank you and I agree!

I would dare say if we were to compare this forum to have an apple to apple argument, we'd have to delve into one where there are psychological, emotional & mental issues. I'm not sure how other forums are run on different subjects - except Autism (and let me tell you - those people can argue too! ) I understand from what you've said what you're seeking with this place, and I hope others will also understand and learn to accept. After 2+ years of pretty much free reign, it can be difficult to change one's behaviors to "go with the flow" when one is used to expressing themselves freely. So, this place may just not be what they need anymore. And that's okay........it just presents an opportunity to hopefully create a place that's just as good, in a different way! And that's a good thing. for both forums, and I hope & pray that the 2 learn to peacefully coexist. Cuz some of us like everybody (okay, ALMOST everybody)

• Englishman
    Englishman

I'm sure there's a "u" in "behaviours".

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit