Are Posters Deleted Forever?

by Simon 223 Replies latest forum announcements

• Valis
    Valis

petty...this thread was not started as a JWD vs JWO exclusively. There are lots of others that post various places and have had dust ups and so forth, who are no longer w/us. Much to the dismay of many users.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Englishman
    Englishman
    There are lots of others that post various places and have had dust ups and so forth, who are no longer w/us. Much to the dismay of many users.

Oh yes!

I really do miss Norm. He'd always been my hero, him being the first ex whose stuff I read on the net.

I spent a couple of days in his company just before Xmas, wow, he's brilliant.

Englishman.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    What I see in Scooby is someone who is very conflicted with himself and his beliefs and he hasn't found a comfortable place in his life yet. I think we've all gone through that at one time or another.

Cruzan, That's what I see as well. Scooby, is a good guy once you allow yourself to really get to know him. So far, the only problem I have with him personally, is that he leaves me hanging at times in im's. He likes this forum more than he likes me.

• little witch
    little witch

Let me put it this way PG.

Imagine that you are on a forum for autism support.

Imagine someone saying over and over and over, "I don't like autism, I don't understand it, I don't want to listen to you try to explain it"

Would that piss you off? Would you demand an explaination? Would you want one? Would you like this person continuing to make negative comments and refusing to acknowledge the fact that they are making uninformed statements, and letting it be known that they are steadfast in their beliefs and only saying inflammatory things to elicite furor? Is it ok if they encite and wont defend their wacky ways?

And how would you feel if that person showed a pattern of this sort of hit and run and others piped in on his behalf, rather than speaking up for himself? Would that piss you off?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    One might make the assumption this would make you hesitant to take action against him

Then that one would be absolutely incorrect.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Little Witch - given my nature, I'd probably rush to "protect" him/her from all the evil nasty little people that would wish to gang up on him

No, that's not exactly true. There was this one time I was at a Board of Education meeting where Special Needs Funds were being discussed. A woman wanted a "gifted" program because her son was brilliant in a specific area. It was explained to her that a gifted program would have to be funded by the "special education" budget, and due to the amount of special needs children, there wasn't enough money to give for a "gifted" program. This woman stood up in front of the 100+ people there and said "Well then send them retards back to the places they belong so that the kids who actually have a chance in society are given all the opportunity to help them get there". I honestly left the room to vomit. I was so angry I threw up and cried. How DARE SHE? Who did she think SHE was? How could SHE believe that? Then, after further reflection, I realized that it was JUST her opinion, and she had no control over me. 3 days later, I actually sent a letter to the board asking them if there perhaps a way we could find volunteers or other resources to help this woman get what she was looking for.

My point is, that sometimes, especially those times when we are MOST enraged/angered/irritated by others thoughts or actions - those are precisely the times when we MUST try to put ourselves in their shoes, to figure out where they're coming from. That to me is what being a "true" christian is all about.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    Would you demand an explaination? Would you want one? Would you like this person continuing to make negative comments and refusing to acknowledge the fact that they are making uninformed statements, and letting it be known that they are steadfast in their beliefs and only saying inflammatory things to elicite furor? Is it ok if they encite and wont defend their wacky ways?

Absolutely - because that is the only way one can keep one's skills "sharp" in order to defend against uninformed ignorance - regardless of the issue.

Not that it wouldn't make me completely crazy with irritation in the process.

• little witch
    little witch

"Are Posters Deleted Forever"?

No, they just go on to sell cheap grills.

• Valis
    Valis

If you have a cell phone or a pager, then you know that having it ring in the middle of a movie or performance is enough to get you killed in some cities. Vibrating devices that quietly replace the ringer are therefore life-saving devices that are an important part of Internet survival!

The Pocket Moderator is, however, a device that takes vibration to high-tech extremes. Any parent whose child owns a Tickle-Me-Elmo doll has experienced this technology. Elmo has a vibration system (designed to simulate body-shaking laughter) that is powerful enough to cause many children to drop the toy...*cough* topic. The vibration system inside a Pocket Moderator works exactly the same way on a smaller scale, so let's use Elmo as an example.

Here is a Tickle-Me-Elmo doll:

Minor surgery reveals the control unit:

Sincerely,
    District Overbeer of the "Ronco" class
  • shamus
    shamus

Jesus!

A ten page thread about people being deleted forever, LOL!

I think we all need to get lives, LOL! (myself most definetly included!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit