Are Posters Deleted Forever?

by Simon 223 Replies latest forum announcements

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Kissing ass is the wrong phrase. Asking to be reactivated doesn't allow some to save face would be the way that I would phrase it.

• Valis
  • slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Bikerchic:

All they have to do is send an e-mail and ask to be let back. As I see it the balls in their court. Maybe just maybe they don't want to come back because following SIMPLE guidelines is not something they can or want to do.

Eleven simple guidelines:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
    3. Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.
    4. Breaking the law
      This includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court (comments which might affect the outcome of an approaching court case). You may post a small amount of third party material, but please help us to avoid breaching copyright by naming its author and publication. We are unable to investigate all third party material, so where possible, please provide a link instead.
    5. Spamming
      Please don't add the same comment to more than one forum.
    6. Advertising
      You can mention relevant, non-commercial websites as long as they support your comment.
    7. Impersonating or falsely claiming to represent a person or organisation.
      Please don't mislead other users by abusing our registration procedure.
    8. Posting in a language other than English.
    9. Invading people's privacy
      Please don't post private addresses or phone numbers, including your own. You may post email addresses so long as you make it clear who they belong to.
    10. Posting an off-topic comment.
    11. Publicly disputing or arguing about moderator decisions
      If you disagree with any action taken then please raise it via email or PM.

Seems pretty clear cut. I'm troubled about the seeming continued difficulty with those simple eleven guidelines.

• Valis
    Valis

You forgot Slippy...about rule 12: No slippies will be allowed at ANY Apostafest, unless of course a slippy can slide in undetected that is...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• onacruse
    onacruse

Abaddon, the measure of a man/woman cuts both ways; an olive-branch was extended here--I'll leave it to you to speculate on how many have offered to accept it.

In any case, every group has, by definition of the term "group", the right to exclude certain members from that group. This is a fundamental societal function that has been elucidated sociologically and philosophically, throughout history...a simple fact of life (as Kate said), and the history of which I'm sure you are well aware.

And, lest there be any doubt: decisions made regarding the status of accounts here, and the general principles of administration of this board, are a far more democratic process than detractors would be willing to admit.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    And, lest there be any doubt: decisions made regarding the status of accounts here, and the general principles of administration of this board, are a far more democratic process than detractors would be willing to admit.

As of the new policy announcements they are.

Curse that rule 12!!! As you damdidddillyiddlydoo know, there ain't NO slipping in unannounced by THIS Slippy...

• Simon
    Simon
    As of the new policy announcements they are

I take it that you are implying that they were not before? You are very wrong. The only new policy is that we have spelt out how it works.

Now, back to the topic:

• We have made the offer. I don't believe people can continue to bellyache about "being disfellowshipped" without making themselves look even sillier and obsessive than they did before.
    • We are not bargaining with people and are not lowing our standards just because some people don't wan't to follow some simple guidelines
    • If people don't want to post here, all they have to do is not post here. If they do then they have to follow the guidelines. It really is that simple. I can't believe people get so worked up about things or put so much effort into 'misunderstanding'.
  • slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Yes of course, I'm very wrong. My apologies.

• Simon
    Simon

Hey "Sarcasm" ... I didn't think they had that in America

• Englishman
    Englishman

I think maybe you're thinking of irony, Simon.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit