Are Posters Deleted Forever?

by Simon 223 Replies latest forum announcements

• donkey
    donkey

This thread is now so ....zzzzzzz

• Englishman
    Englishman

I posted this earlier but it seems to have got lost:

This is not an amnesty, nor are Admin and forum assistants generally seeking apologies from deleted posters. Nor are we offering any.

Re who would be likely to be accepted back onto the forum: Only where there has been profound, continuous and wounding cruelty aimed at Admin or forum assistants from a handful of posters would more be expected. General past sniping and criticism would not necessarily be a barrier to anyone who agrees to abide by the forum rules in future.

This is a 2-way process, and that will not change.

Englishman.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

So those who sin against the holy spigot aren't coming back?

I actually think if anyone is that profoundly and continuously wounding and cruel, then let them come back. If it didn't just happen because of a pissing match getting out of hand, then they'll be gone soon enough and with no doubt over the rights or wrongs of the issue.

Of course, no one's insulted me and this isn't my board, so I might feel different if some dickwad had started on my babe just to get a reaction.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    So those who sin against the holy spigot aren't coming back?

4 Weddings, right?

I actually think if anyone is that profoundly and continuously wounding and cruel, then let them come back. If it didn't just happen because of a pissing match getting out of hand, then they'll be gone soon enough and with no doubt over the rights or wrongs of the issue.

Most folk who want to make a fresh start will only have to agree to abide by the forum rules to be undeleted.

I'd be surprised if the handful who were > profoundly and continuously wounding and cruel < would want to come and post here again. However, if they've been getting something out of their system and are done with it and want to move on, we would appreciate knowing that before opening any more doors.

Englishman.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Well, the problem is is that some people there think asking to be reactivated is kissing ass.

There are some where probably this would be fair, but then there are others who would like to have their ass kissed before they come back, no matter what they've done, and would then poop on the carpet.

Let 'em. Let 'em all in. Give them a break, even if they don't deserve if in your opinions. Maybe you were wrong. MAybe being given a stringless re-entry will make them turn a leaf. Maybe it won't.

If it doesn't, then they've just shown the original decisons were sound no matter what spin they put on it to make themselves sound good.

As far as I see it you give the ones you consider a genuine problem the ability to prove you right or wrong.

If you're that confident you are right, have the courage of your convictions and of the rightness of your actions, let them in, and let the facts after that decide.

If you're right you can only look more right. If you are wrong you look better than you would have otherwise.

It's simple.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Abaddon it really is that simple:

If you're that confident you are right, have the courage of your convictions and of the rightness of your actions, let them in, and let the facts after that decide.

If you're right you can only look more right. If you are wrong you look better than you would have otherwise.

It's simple.

All they have to do is send an e-mail and ask to be let back. As I see it the balls in their court. Maybe just maybe they don't want to come back because following SIMPLE guidelines is not something they can or want to do.

Yes it's simple, but some people like the school of hard knocks, it suits them.

Kate

• Gozz
    Gozz

No bikerchic, that's not what i understand Abaddon to be saying. You're putting a spin on what he said, fine; he's got a point, and your "it's simple" emphasis doesn't cut it.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Gozz:

You're putting a spin on what he said, fine; he's got a point, and your "it's simple" emphasis doesn't cut it.

Well unless he's a fly on the wall so to speak it's really all just speculation isn't it? I've been called worst things than a simpleton........

Kate (of the Keeping It Simple? class)

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I was doihng a Google search on an unrelated topic, and came across the following in a db discussion where the mod was explaining why someone was banned:

But don't take it too seriously. You haven't fired him, you've banned him from a message board. As the old adagio goes: "This is just the Internet" :D

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Well, the problem is is that some people there think asking to be reactivated is kissing ass.

That's an incredibly juvenile viewpoint IMO.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit