Are Posters Deleted Forever?

by Simon 223 Replies latest forum announcements

• minimus
    minimus

So to sum it up Scooby, what are you "bitching" about? What are disturbed over? Do you know? Hmmm, maybe it has nothing to do with this forum, afterall! I hate to say this but the more you post, the better I look.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

"bitching about" "trolling about" etc etc

Yeah ok Minimus et al. You win.

Scoob

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scooby,

Tell me, do you think other discussion boards bring about such deep feelings as this one does?

I am a member of a number of professional music discussion Boards. Many of the subscribers are in *bitter* competition to one another. Some have lost wives to other posters, some lucrative recording contracts and some have even had their work plagiarized by the very people that they communicate with. Yes, I do believe that in their creative lives, which is all that many of them live for, they *do* have the same level of hurt feelings as XJW's. The difference being that they do not expect the cosmos to cater to their whims, which is more than can be said for many XJW's.

If an XJW cannot comprehend a discussion Board that has, like most other Internet sites, behavioral rules attached to it for subscribers, then it seems to me that they are in danger of becoming a Doppleganger of their WTS personas. Wailing on about percieved injustices when the world turns with a smile is certainly something I remember from WTS days! You must surely remember the times we spent sorting out particularly depressing news to convince a householder that the end is near!

HS

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Scoob, 

I gave a rather long, drawn out explanation. 

& HS & Sheila gave examples of my point.

Be happy where you are. 

If one isn't happy, then they should move on to where they are happy.

I wasn't happy as a JW, so I DA'd myself and moved on.

People get fired from jobs and then co-workers are left to gossip about why they were let go.

Families get divorced

Boyfriends and girlfriends break-up.

I could go on.

But the point is that in life, there are three sides of every story.

Mine, their's, and the truth of the matter.

All explanations in between are somewhat biased and can not be avoided because it's human nature

I hate to see people on both sides of the issue waste so much energy over the particulars on this issue, including yourself.

The common goal with this board is supposed to be to help people escape from the WTS and adjust to a productive, normal life.

I hope in the near future to move on from here and get on with a normal life, only to check in once in a while to say 'Hey'.

Big Tex said this simple observation: 

JWD is not for everyone. It's not meant to be. That's all.

I don't think that anything else can really be said. 

Warm regards, 

Paul

[EDIT] silly font probs [/EDIT]

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Scoob, with all due respect and with all seriousness. This board is trying to be welcoming and providing a safe place for ex-JWs to talk. If we can help current Witnesses find answers or even escape an oppressive cult, then so much the better.

There are other discussion boards that fit different needs and different tastes. I say that with all due respect. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla, eh? But at the end of the day, this board is very clear what it's about. If you like it, great; welcome aboard. If not, then we're glad you stopped by and we hope you find what you're looking for elsewhere.

That's it. I hope you choose to believe that. That's as honest as I know how to be. No hidden agenda, no games, no lies just what we're about.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Paul

I read your post 3 or 4 times over.

Thanks, and very well said.

Scoob

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

OK Chris.

Thanks

Scott

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    Tell me, do you think other discussion boards bring about such deep feelings as this one does?

Well the link, Scooby,is that it is a forum. You asked the above question, I answered you. LOTS Of DB bring about the same type of "deep feelings". Your problem is that you want to argue and not really address what is being said. I pointed out the Marine web site since HS had brought that up and it was valid.

As I said you want to bitch...you've found a place you can do that with all the freedoms that you laud over...so then why are you here

Edited for punctuation

• gumby
    gumby

...so then why are you here

Attention perhaps Some get it in funny ways.

Gumby

• Simon
    Simon

Scooby.

This is not intended to be a discussion about moderation. If you keep it up I'll demonstrate how it works.

We are running the board how we want to. If you do not like it then you should find one that you do like or put the effort into creating one how you want it.

How it is run is not open to debate. We listen to suggestions and comments but you are not going to argue change through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit