Are Posters Deleted Forever?

by Simon 223 Replies latest forum announcements

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Bendrr, I get it. I really do, probably more than most of the audience realizes. That's the advantage of being the little guy in the corner, no one notices him but he notices everyone else.

Now let me try one on you: That's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

Now I hope you get it.

In a free society surely moderation is surely not necessary, people can always hit the ignore button on a forum, the same as they can hit the off switch on a tv, walk away in a real life conversation.

Scoob let me ask you a question, if you had visitors over to your house and they shared your interests, behaviors and rules, would you say these are people you would want to have back to your home? On the other hand, if you had visitors over to your home, who were loud, obnoxious, stayed up long past the time you were ready for bed, insulted you, cursed you and perhaps even punched you out, would you want these people back in your home?

JWD is not for everyone. It's not meant to be. It has been stated very, very clearly what this board is all about. If you agree, and you can handle it, then come along for the ride. Your welcome and we'd love to have you. But if not, if you find this too constrictive and offensive, etc. then go your own. No hard feelings mate. There are other boards that fit other needs and other tastes. With all due respect to those other boards, that's not my taste. I belong here. If someone doesn't find this board to their liking, then it's okay. No problem.

JWD is not for everyone. It's not meant to be. That's all.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Scooby: Do you post on any other forums besides here and JWO? Yes, HS said the Marines, I belong to the Marine Moms Online and there is plenty of moderation....in fact every board I am on is moderated more than JWD and you know what they aren't JWs.

So what would you say about them? Can you make blanket statments about their choice at moderation?

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Chris

With all due respect, I take your points on board. But this isn't like inviting people into your home for a cup of tea and a buttered crumpet. Its a forum. A forum with alot of personalities, exercised from far distances via a keyboard and a monitor. Yes some do here meet up on "Aposta" fests but many many more don't. and as is pointed out to me many don't even post but just observe. You have to get back to addressing this point. It is believe it or not all linked with that which I talk about.

Scoob

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scooby,

The issue is whether other Boards apply more stringent rules for posting than do XJW Boards, and it seems that most do.

Listen, I'm sure many other discussion boards on the net that I've not had the priveledge of visiting have "moderation"......but JW issues are a bit different to them I'm sure. The feelings are a bit tender and raw, more so than say a forum about antiques or sports cars (or even the Marines) Don't you agree?

Why should JW's or XJW's expect a different level of moderation for themselves? Do you not think that this is an admission that they have not yet washed the WTS from their lives? If this is the case do you not think that critizing the fact that JWD insists on a level of moderation that parallels other non XJW websites is actually rather emotionally unhealthy? After all, this is not a Kingdom Hall.....is it.... Perhaps that is what these critics who compare it to a Kingdom Hall actually really want! Well, sorry, this site is is not a Kingdom Hall, it is a site that insists on the same sort of behavior expected from other discussion Boards on the Internet that are not affiliated with XJW's or JW's. Why is that so hard to understand?

HS

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Its quite simple HS...

As I've already stated. I do believe that an exJW board such as this should be afforded less moderation and more understanding for the very fact that it is geared up to those who clearly from my reading here since 2002 have felt hurt. It is different from other dbs on the net about all manner of topics. As this forum is often keen to point out, the JW experience is something way different from anything else, as such, my point stands.

Tell me, do you think other discussion boards bring about such deep feelings as this one does?

I might be wrong

Tell me

Scoob

• Flash
    Flash

I'm new enough where I don't know anything about rivalry between boards or tension between members here. My experience here so far has been very pleasant, which I appreciate since I know my views don't always match the consensus of the Board.

Simon, I can find no fault with your new policy. It is very fair and reasonable.

• minimus
    minimus

I think PRO-JW posters should be allowed to say anything relative to their religion. AND expect that they will be dissected for their foolishness.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    Tell me, do you think other discussion boards bring about such deep feelings as this one does?

Scooby: Do you think Mothers, wives and children of Marines being deployed aren't sharing deep feelings? Personally I think you just like to bitch and moan and you don't have a friggin idea what your bitching about

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Thats really helpful then Minimus isn't it for those on the outside looking in. A discussion Forum, or a club.

Thanks for proving my point better than I did.

Scoob

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Oh and Sheila.....get off my back darling. I'm sure mothers children cousins nieces and nephews must care for their daddy. But we are talking JWD here not a Marine forum. Can you remind me of the link again between the 2 as its relevant to this post and moderation? Or is it just another bluff and switch tactic? BTTT

Do you ever wonder why people get frustrated here with this line of reasoning? They post there frustrations, get restricted or worse deleted......and then are castagated anyway.

Crazy. Please look beyond the rhetoric for once.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit