Are Posters Deleted Forever?

by Simon 223 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon
    a simple solution to this is to only delete people who publicly ask to be deleted.

And what do you do with abusive posters? Ignore them? Tell the people they are attacking to shutup complaining? Things need to be workable.

what if THEY think it's in other peoples interests to know about their status? there needs to be some sort of statement as to why they are banned and a link to a post/thread where they broke the rules if possible. this will cut out the tiresome complaints of unfair treatment.

I don't really care what they think. Besides, do you really believe it will cut out complaints? All that happens when we try and explain things to people is that they do not accept what is being said and keep asking the same questions over and over and over again because they don't like the answer they are being given.

The best thing to do, IMO, is to keep the forum for what it is supposed to be for and not let petty arguments and people wanting to show off get in the way.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr
    This announcement was approved by all the forum assistants here, each of us having made a contribution to it's content.

We also recognised that while many posters did violate forum rules, some posters would feel that they had been treated unfairly, consequently we have resolved in future not to make any permanent deletions without full discussion amongst the forum assistants. This will prevent anyobne being deleted in a fit of pique where personalities conflict with one another.

Which is what I like about it Mike. It's the old "count to 10 before responding" in a way.

That said, I feel I must (oh crap! here goes yer old buddy Bendrr!) do this. This joke was screaming at me when I first read this thread but I just let it simmer for a while. Well I can't keep the lid on it anymore so damn the consequences, here she blows.

So now instead of a single mod unilaterally deleting a poster, it will take an elders' meeting to disfellowship the offender, but in this case no announcement will be made, and the offender will have to petition the elders mods for reinstatement. THIS PLACE IS SUCH A KINGDOM HALL!!!!!!!!

So there!

Mike.

Disclaimer: The above statement was humor and not meant to be taken seriously. Due to its controversial nature it should not have been read by anyone who would take it seriously and the poster assumes no responsibility for adverse reactions thereto.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"Disclaimer: The above statement was humor and not meant to be taken seriously. Due to its controversial nature it should not have been read by anyone who would take it seriously and the poster assumes no responsibility for adverse reactions thereto."

then why make the statement to begin with?

• Englishman
    Englishman

Joy,

I'm sure that Mike's comments were meant satiricaly.

The old KH thang is so played out, hell, any chief in charge of a bunch of indians is an elder to some folk!

Englishman.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

It's a send-up of the "warning" at the beginning of South Park....

• Simon
    Simon

I have this vision of some people arguing with a bus driver:

"Oh, yes, that's right ... we have to go your way on your route. Well pal, YOU are just like an elder !! hrmmph"

(puzzled look from driver)

• onacruse
    onacruse

Deep waters, and cold.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    The old KH thang is so played out, hell, any chief in charge of a bunch of indians is an elder to some folk!

Yeah for sure it's getting older than Mose's under ware. Get a clue people this is the way it is in life in all of society, only you break some rules/laws you go to jail.

Oy vey!

Kate

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

The 'Kingdom Hall' argument, large as life and twice as boring, completely ignores the thousands of discussion Boards on the Internet that have similar, if not much more severe rules for the engagement of conversation. The moderators can hardly be criticized for trying to take into account the very special emotional needs of XJW's, many of who seem incapable of seeing life through anything but a WTS microscope.

The phrase 'arrested adolescents' springs to mind.

HS

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Yeah, it's like a kid moving out of the house for the first time wanting to play loud music all night in his apartment...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit