Are Posters Deleted Forever?

by Simon 223 Replies latest forum announcements

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Simon

After prayerful and heartfelt ruminations, I have decided to take up your offer of coming back. May Jah bless this board, and other boards, sticks, twigs, beams and posts around the world.

Gita

• Simon
    Simon

LOL, so good to have you back ... you have so much to catch up on ...

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Would it be possible to just reactivate accounts, and allow posters who wish to come back to just come back, without "asking for permission"? Only because this to some may seem like they have to "crawl" back......and some feel uncomfortable doing this, because they felt they had justifiable reasons for not having been deactivated in the first place.

Not trying to "fan flames" here, just making a suggestion.

Rhonda (of the should've been a defense attorney class).

• Englishman
    Englishman

Rhonda,

An olive branch has been held out. People have to reach forward and take it if they want it.

This has to be a 2 way operation.

Mike.

• Valis
    Valis

petty...that approach leads to many problems down the road IMO. Also that has been tried and complained about. I think what we have is a fairly good way to hash out the problems people encounter. Personality conflicts are inevitable when you have the the and the . Lordy knows it isn't easy pleasing everyone all the time and if people had been unjustifiably removed this process would be that much easier IMO. You notice there are more forum assistants, which means there is a lot more input into how things are handled. All for the better as well. Have a good day and stay warm!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Also, instead of being temporarily deleted, can a poster choose instead to have a public spanking? (preferably by Valis)?

• Simon
    Simon

We did discuss this at length and decided against it. It is not a general amnesty as we thought many would interpret this the wrong way. If people want to come back then they have to agree not to engage in personal attacks or keep rehashing the past. We believe this is in their own interests as well as some people seem to be spiraling into the kind of obsession that is not healthy.

No one is asking anyone to 'crawl back'. We just want to make sure that our hospitality and offer is not abused.

We're not interested in hearing the same arguments or going over why anyone was deleted as we don't believe that this is a way to move forward. If people can't look beyond that then they perhaps need to take a step back and ask themselves if they have not made things into bigger issues than they really were and this make it more difficult to return without looking like they have "backed down" or whatever.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Oops - never mind - hubby said NOT!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I am copying these replies for the "other" place - if this is a problem, let me know (and as soon as hubby's not paying attention - we can begin my public spanking)

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    (and as soon as hubby's not paying attention - we can begin my public spanking)

With webcams???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit