Are Posters Deleted Forever?

by Simon 223 Replies latest forum announcements

• shamus
    shamus

I think that Simon is the board's new Messiah.

Simon, you should be in the Messiah class.

I seem to remember one poster saying that we worship you, LOL! You should be the messiah class. I guess that person would be happy.

• minimus
    minimus

Shamus, are you trying to get this thread shut down?.............(.only a joke, Simon)

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke
    That's up there with "this is not a pipe".

True story: Once I walked into my boss's office with a large screwdriver. He looked up and I showed him the screwdriver and I said in a loudish voice : "This is not a drill".

I never heard anyone moan so loud at work in my life! Funny thing is, a few weeks later he had a heart-attack. Not fatal, unfortunately.

Pope

• gumby
    gumby

Gumby

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    We need a room - urgently, and that B*st*rd Slippy has already taken room 210!!!

I'm willing to share...I'll hold the camera

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

WOW!

I've been debating with myself as to whether or not I should SAY this, and have decided now that I should:

I've "been away" from this forum (and my computer) for 7-8 months due to a lengthy illness and being in a hospital and then a Nursing Home.....and I seemed to have totally missed out on all the turmoil that seems to have gone on here.

I know absolutely nothing about the controversy that I hear referred to, and don't know WHO has left and WHY! I just kinda dove into this board looking to renew old friendships and to enjoy all the diverse posts and personalities.

Whatever went on in my absence MUST have been explosive and hurtful---judging by the posts that refer to the problems, and I notice that several posters are now non-existent........I miss them.

For example: I've attempted to go back and "catch up" with "Amazing's" posts and what I had missed out on reading-----and whatever I seem to find from him----are all DELETED!!!! (Everyone's posts are THERE on the threads but HIS have evaporated!) You cannot imagine how crummy THAT felt---post after post all GONE!! Needless to say I am VERY confused and a bit sad....what the hell happened here to cause THAT??

Simon, I swear that I'm not criticizing YOU, or why he was deleted--or whatever, but it's all so STRANGE to come back here and find all this stuff---so mysterious to SEE these things and not have an inkling WHY!

I have to admit---since I joined here, I've gotten irritated at things some have said here and may have been a bit impolite (I'm old and Irish----it happens), but never gotten to the point that seems to have erupted here for whatever reason......I simply DON'T understand what has caused such animosity!!!

Seeing this post from Simon----I think the "Olive Branch" referred to HAS been extended and certain guidelines SHOULD be respected---to try and retrieve and hopefully subsequently KEEP the peace that apparently flew out of here during the past few months.

This board is just too good to "trash" and I hope the differences that seem to be ongoing---can be resolved amicably.......

as always,

hugs,

Annie

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hi Annie!

Re: Amazing, please see http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/22/66680/1.ashx

He will return as soon as he possibly can.

Yes, there has been some turmoil over the last few months, and as Simon points out, this decision is an effort to ameliorate any misunderstandings, as best as possible.

Hope you're feeling better, and wb!

Craig

• spiritwalker
    spiritwalker

How could you ever expect to have any order in a room, without some structure. Just because we are former Witnesses, does it mean we should be terrible people with no care for any and out of control. Cheers for keeping order and I would bet it makes you very unpopular with some and popular with lots. Who cares though, it is your board and chaos would exist if EVERYONE had their way.

• onacruse
    onacruse

spiritwalker, if I may key off one phrase in your post:

it is your board

But:

In order to prevent the appearance of inconsistency or favoritism, no account will be permanently suspended by a single forum assistant and all decisions are shared with other assistants for review and correction if necessary.

This is so much more true than some might imagine. And though being the "owner" of the site, Simon has, in my experience, shown remarkable willingness to listen to constructive criticism, and this "olive branch" is an evidence of just that.

Sincerely,

Craig

• Valis
    Valis

spirit and that has been my point for a long time. We have a tons of users and few that can't play nice. And if playing nice requires you don't go full throttle on some subjects then consider the converse. You go all out, make an ass of yourself, and refuse to settle conflicts w/people even after a good amount of time has elapsed. It makes no sense unless your ego is bigger than your desire to maintain friendships. I will also add that it cut both ways which makes being a forum assitant a very precarious position. People have dust ups, but if there is a genuine desire to make amends IMO it happens rather quickly among intelligent people. Having said that one has to realize that even opening such a debate could cause many of the people here who have been castigated by a few disgruntled people to react negatively to the very notion of such a thing. To all of the Forum Assistants, Simon, Ang, et al, big ups from the Texas Branch.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit